visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

42nd National Narrow Gauge Convention- Tacoma

2»

Comments

• Steve those are some great layouts and thanks for posting. i only was able to get to a few but fortunately I have seen several on previous visits to Seattle-Tacoma.

Barry those are fantastic photos of your virtually all SWSM layout. Some terrific modeling. Janice and yourself really have something to be proud of. I will be back before long.
  • Barry.You have done a amazing Job on everything my friend so be very proud...Carl....
  • Thanks Barry for the photographs. I enjoyed the virtual tour of your layout and am in awe of your modeling especially the expert craftsmanship of your structure modeling.
  • outstanding!
  • Fantastic shots Barry, so good to see the layout from different angles. Excellent work on all the SW structures.
  • Did not make it to Woodinville to see your layout Barry. But these are some awesome pictures of your great work with Seirrawest kits and now I am kicking myself in the butt for seeing it.
  • Sad that only six reply's to Barry's work and two of them are Mike and Myself who kno Barry.
    Could be that he has not put any 3D castings on the layout.
    Just Saying.........Carl.......
  • edited September 2022

Sad that only six reply's to Barry's work and two of them are Mike and Myself who kno Barry.
    Could be that he has not put any 3D castings on the layout.
    Just Saying.........Carl.......

Sad you only replied to just one of Mikes 10 or more posts and not once to anyone else who posted their great work or photo's.
    But, that's just the way forums are, especially this time of year, kinda quiet.
    Just sayin.....Karl....

• And I made a typo on by response, it should have said, I am kicking myself in the butt for not seeing it.
  • Boys, boys! Remember there was more convention stuff in Randyp's thread on "My First SW Model". I've got a few more with references to SWSM from the "Hangman's" fellows and a couple more layouts I'l get to. Hell, I might even show some of my own work.

One more thought. These contests all get down to timing- why didn't I bring x model or why didn't I bring a structure since only two were entered, etc.

Important thing is to show people what model builders can do and you can show your work and maybe inspire others. And not the least meet some really good people good at their crafting skills and most willing to share so you can learn from them.
  • You know what is pretty funny. I didn't realize it until now, that the pictures you posted of my model earlier in this thread are from when I was standing with Jess near the end of the convention so he could take some detail shots of my generator car. You were the only other person there at the time. I met a lot of new folks that weekend, and rubbed shoulders with more of the folks I interact with on the internet than I realized...
  • Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
  • Small world Ben! Here are a few more of Jess Dozier and the Hangman Creek Lumber Co.
    at the Tacoma NNGC convention. The first photo shows Jeff and the layout frame and the 16" telescoping legs with the soft casters that allow it to move around. The layout includes several modified SWSM kits and many of Brett's detail castings.

first

image0 copy

image1 copy

image2 copy

image3 copy

image4 copy

image5copy
  • Terrific pics Mike of a fantastic layout, really great stuff, thanks.
  • In addition to Dale Kreutzer's layout that I posted above, I did get to see two more layouts during my 36 hour trip. First was Bill Sornsin's very large (think 10 scale miles of mainline) Great Northern layout. Incredible benchwork, track, some scratchbuilt structures, and the focus will be on the prototype operations. Out of my element but this was awesome in every respect. First photo is Bill, my friend Greg Smith and myself.

IMG_2391

IMG_2395

IMG_2409
  • Thanks for posting Mike, keeps us all in the know!
  • Small world Ben!

Or not...realizing those are pictures of my model are from Hangman Creek's facebook page because the picture above of Jess is a picture I took...

• Ben should get photo credit for at least the first one. I took the video of the Hangman at the beginning of this thread- the other Hangman photos I received from Jess.
  • edited September 2022
    Mike, that long low trestle in the last picture needs a Shelbys at the end of it, ha,
    reminds me of driving to NOLA with the low trestles over the bayou's next to the highway.. (I55)

Impressive track work for sure.
  • Thank's Mike for posting al of the pictures and writings.
  • Some great layouts for sure.
  • Mike

Thank you for posting. Great layouts - thank you for sharing them with us.