visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Jax Chemical Blackener Price Increase

I recently received an email from Jax Chemical Co. They will be raising their prices effective Nov. 1, 2021. If you need any chemical blackeners you might want to order some before the prices increase.

Comments

• Tom, I also got the same email.
    I received another 16oz Pewter Black two weeks ago so i'm good for a couple of years.
  • Thanks for the heads up!
  • I was going to order a bottle today......but at the checkout there Shipping cost was ridiculous
  • Well Craig do you have another place to buy this?? Or something to take its place.
    If not you either need it or you don't!!

Jerry
  • This product is a hazardous chemical as well and requires special packaging. Not justifying another companies shipping costs since I have nothing to do with them but this isn't a box of girl scout cooking bro!
  • Regardless of where you get the product the shipping will be high because it is considered hazardous chemical. So if you want it you have to bite the bullet.
  • Agree with you guys. I paid the extra shipping. This is a great product for blackening.
  • When I order anything with hefty shipping I stock up. Also a protection from back orders and "we no longer supply that"!
  • Jerry, Yes I do its called AK Metal Burnishing
  • Craig do you have any pictures of results on how this came out after using it? Compared to the JAX.

Jerry
  • Just ordered and rec'd it from a site on Amazon....I have Amazon Prime....small handling charge but shipping is covered....in particular since it arrived in a large cardstock envelope...(2 16oz bottles)...wrapped in bubble wrap and in a big zip lock baggie....but it got here all in one piece...
  • Jerry, Sorry I do not.
  • Well I ordered 1 pint tonight a friend has a Amazon Prime account and got free shipping....... theres more than one way to skin a cat
  • i just ordered one too. amazon rocks!
    i haven't bought any in quite a long time. i think it was back when i built dueling shacks, my first swsm kit. that was quite a while ago.
  • Got my bottle in the mail today....that was fast I'm going to have to do a test between the Jax and the AK and see which is better?
  • It's amazing what you can find on Amazon...and if you have the Prime....shipping is 99% of the time free....I always check there when I'm looking for stuff....just bought some Sculptamold there yesterday.....
  • Muddy what brand did you buy??
  • forget the brand...but it was the 3lb bag....don't need 25 or 50lb at this time.....I've also made a version of my own sort of with casting plaster and vermiculite....
  • American Art Clay brand...