visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

kebmo's o scale sawmill build

2»

Comments

• terry
    dude, i'm about halfway through the logging and tractor repair, and i won't be able to get back down there for another month or two until molly is trained up a little. then i have to decide between truck repair and blue sky (oh...it's a nice dilemma), do that one and then the other one, i have 3-car garage from rsm to build for behind nortons. then i'll be ready to start on the sawmill IF a prior commission to build a scale model of a guy's lake house falls through. besides, i want the kit to spend some time on my shelf....just so it spends some time on my shelf, know what i mean? i wanna admire the boxes......
    and occasionally open them up and breath it in..... :)
  • i just ordered some north african dust and gravel and sand fixer from ak interactive in anticipation of adding sawdust to the mill/machines; thanks bryan. one less question i'll have to ask;
  • You'll like it but you will need some pipettes to place the fixer.

I'm going to try a product called Ballast Freeze next. It says it is an acrylic fixer and it has a built in applicator. One thing I noticed with the AK fixer is that the surface must be completely dry when applying. Any water will cause white spots. I think there might be some CA glue as part of the mix. Don't know if this will be the case with Ballast Freeze but will report back once I try it.
  • cool. i've got lots of time before i'll be starting on it.
    nonetheless, i'm gonna order small pipettes
  • I started the sawmill a few years back....machinery done......floor frame work......then came the "How am I going to fit it into the layout" question. It currently sits waiting for me to get my busy yet lazy butt into the shop and actually start to model again.....PTS sucks.....
  • Breathing those vapors have been known to make you want to start before your ready. Be careful!!

Jerry

• Jerry said:

Breathing those vapors have been known to make you want to start before your ready. Be careful!!

Jerry

duly note....

• Agreed that it has a powerful odor.
  • What's that smell?? Honestly honey I didn't get another kit from Brett...

Jerry