visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

2020 National Narrow Gauge Convention

To all of the others that were looking forward to the Nationa Narrow Gauge Convention....it has been Canceled. Next stop....Hickory NC........another whole year to model a contest entry....... The On30 Narrow Gaige show in Harrisburg as of now is still on.

Comments

• I was afraid they would have to cancel. At least for me Hickory is only a four hour drive. Hmm, what to do for the convention?
  • I am super bummed it was cancelled but not surprised. It was shaping up to be a great show. I had a couple dealer tables, was giving two clinics, and was looking forward to hanging out with many on this forum...
  • Looks to be about a 10 hour drive. You could pick me up on the way here in Charleston, SC.

Rick
  • edited May 2020
    Hickory is a nice town....not far from Blowing Rock and Boone. Close enough to me that I could easily make it a day trip (from SW Virginia)..sure hope life is back to “normal “ next year
    Terry
  • The city cast the stone....have had several fire conferences canceled too because the convention centers were not allowed to open. I'm lucky as the Narrow O Show in Harrisburg looks like it will happen....it's going to be a really good show for anyone close enough....2 days of vendors, clinics and modular layouts.....
  • I was looking forward to this years convention. It would have been less that 3 hours from me. Just down the street sort of speak!
  • To bad it is for you guys.... You Americans do have looooonnnnnngggg streets.. :wink:
  • Yes we do. Like US 1 that goes from Key West, Florida to Maine.
    Stretching just under 2,400 miles.
    We forget the scale of this country sometimes!