visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SierraWest is attending the 2018 Narrow Gauge Convention!

I am very happy to announce that SierraWest will be participating in this years NNGC in Minneapolis this September 5th - 9th. As usual Karl will be traveling with me, keeping me entertained and sharing driving and show booth duties. I will have many of my pilot models at the tables and will be giving a clinic on painting and weathering detail parts. I haven't been to a show in several years and am very excited to see everyone!

Who else is planning on going? Be sure to come by and say hello to Karl and I.

Comments

• Will you have inventory to sell?...show specials?
    Terry
  • edited August 2018
    I will have a limited supply of kits, individual castings, and some CHB goodies for sale. I sell out early so come by the tables when you get in if you are going to be there! I will hopefully be debuting the pilot model for the O Scale railroad camp truck repair facility as well.

The pilot models for the Foundry, O'Neills in both HO and O scales, the Deer Creek Mine, O Scale Sawmill, and several others will be there too. Since I will not be attending any other National shows in the coming years this will be a unique opportunity to see these up close!
  • Would almost be worth attending just to meet you and Karl face to face and maybe some of the other guys who hang out here
    Terry
  • Almost ?
  • edited August 2018
    Yea, what ed said .....;-))
    Terry
  • hmm.... it's only a 6.5 hr drive.....
  • I've registered and booked to be there.
  • Brett - great news! I will be there. Anxious to meet you in person.
  • I'm incredibly happy to have Brett and Karl at the show. It will be a treat for you that haven't seen them to actually enjoy these pilot models in person. As Brett said this is a rare opportunity. Still time to sign-up, get a load of this: 100 clinics by 50 masters, vendor show with 85 great companies, an incredible model and photo contest, and 33 home layouts, 4 club layouts, 8 garden layouts, and 9 modular layouts in the hotel. Sorry, the steam train excursion is sold out. All the above for $125. Still rooms in convention hotel-see website: www.nngc-2018.com
  • I will be up...will be good to see you in person again.....last time was Scranton Pa if I remember correctly.....
  • And they said "Hell wouldn't freeze over!"

Jerry
  • The show is gonna be awesome! Mike has put together a great convention and I can't wait to see everyone! Also lets not forget...
    Dallas = 100 degrees, Minneapolis = 75 degrees!
  • Unfortunately, I'll be in Champaign, Illinois for a nephew's wedding. I keep muttering to myself, "Family First."

Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • MS is 95, so, I'm taking several sweaters....

Despite the cold, I'm really looking forward to this one, it's been 4or5 years since we did a show and its going to be great to see old friends and make new ones.
  • I would like to go haven't been to a NNGS show in a long time! I'm going to see how many miles it is from the house
  • Late to the party, but I'm in for next week. Really excited to catch up with Brett & Karl. Not to mention Mike Engler (your host and chairman for the convention!).

There are some really great layouts in the Twin Cities. Two that are 100% complete and not to be missed:

Bill Briggs. His is massive--mountains and bridges everywhere. Additionally, he does some pretty cool things with forced perspective (last two pics are a behind the scenes view of that):

IMG_5991

IMG_5922

IMG_5926

IMG_5958

IMG_5938

Also Eduardo Romo. He's got two layouts in his basement--one standard HO, the other is HOn3 (I think). The scenery is amazing and his structures are primarily scratch built (including the bridges). He's a retired architect and did a ton of research to track down accurate blueprints the buildings from his hometown in Mexico. He's awesome! I could've spent all day talking to him. Here's a glipse at his:

IMG_6084

IMG_6033

IMG_6018

IMG_6071

IMG_6020
  • Heading out tomorrow from Jersey....stopping at The Henry Ford on the way....looks like the weather....could be interesting....hope to get some quality modeling chat in with all that are able to make it there....SafeTravels!
  • edited September 2018
    Have a great time guys....pix will be appreciated

Muddy....if you ever get to Ft Meyers, Fl the Edison-Ford Museum is worth a stop also
    Terry
  • If I had known many months back I would have made a point getting there. I am in UK today having been in Africa but now have bookings to Paris and home to Australia. Generally I book trips 6 to 12 months ahead so please keep us informed ss far in advance for your next show
    I already have some travel bookings for 2019 but some are flexible.
    It would be great to catch up. Or maybe in Texas?
    Michael
  • Well I was packed up and ready to head out...but changed my mind at the last minute didn't want to do the drive more than 12 hours to get there!!!
  • edited September 2018
    We'll miss you Craig. Its a great show.

Karl. A
  • Hey Karl, could you please have someone post the pictures of the SW builds. I especially would like to see a bunch of pictures on Bill's Sawmill.
  • Karl, Thanks... I hope your taking LOT'S of pictures!!!
  • Sawmill not here Alan.
    Been too busy selling and meeting to get in contest room yet. It’s only open same time as dealer room and we have been busy busy at the booth.
    I’ll try get some pics later.

Karl. A
  • God doesn't Brett give you a beer break!!!

Jerry
  • Not until after work is finished at 10pm Jerry.
  • Hi Karl sounds great for SW future
    I must order the next HO kit before it's announced
    Too bad about the beer break.
    I will make the next show if I know a long time in advance.
    Michael
  • So jealous of all of you who got to attend. Still on my bucket list.
    Post photos please
  • edited September 2018
    The SierraWest show table.....

To answer a few questions before they get asked.....

Yes, the Foundry kit was there and Bretts incredible pilot model, however, it was there as display only and we were just taking orders for it. Nobody walked away from the table with a kit. Brett is diligently working through the order list in the order they were received.

Yes, that's a very nice selection of individual CHB detail parts.... these will be appearing on the website shortly and be available to order. Brett is also working on making new molds for more of the CHB line and these will become available as time permits.
    Which additional details will be added to the available line will be determined as the molds are made and therefor no further information is available at this time.

Yes, those are new O scale and HO scale detail sets/selections. These will also be appearing on the website shortly and available to order. There are currently four different HO sets and two different O scale sets. More sets may be added in the future.

Yes, those are SierraWest T-shirts with new designs from the previous one. They are available in black with one design and white with another. Again, these will be appearing on the website shortly.

Yes, it was a great show with some great people, the SierraWest display was amazing to see and we agreed it was the best so far, featuring the pilot models for...

O Scale Sawmill
    O Scale Woodcutters Shack
    O Scale Dueling Shacks
    O Scale O'Neills Fabrication

HO Scale O'Neills Fabrication
    HO Scale Brass and Iron Foundry
    HO Scale Deer Creek Mine

Kevin O'Neills award winning HO RailRoad Camp diorama.

Thanks to everyone who attended the show and came by the booth and made it such a great show. We look forward to seeing you all, and more, at the next one we attend.

Karl.A

IMG_0002
    IMG_0003
    IMG_0004
    IMG_0006
    IMG_0007
  • Thanks for the great wrap up Karl. It was an awesome show. SierraWest is planning on attending the 40th Convention in 2020 in St. Louis and the 43rd in 2023 in Denver. Hope to see you there...