visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Engine House at Eureka Springs.

Comments

• Jerry using Ed quote { you may want to bring a heavy coat} Thank's Ken and Steve.

I'm not planning on working outside. I'll sit by the fire and watch you through the window!!

Jerry

• Looks Awesome...really nice job on that roof.

Alan
  • Thank's Allan.
  • excellent modeling carl. the roof looks great.
  • Thank You young man and tell Ed the Newf's are looking for him. .................Carl
  • Ken The old saying is I heard it through the grape vine.............Carl

The peer pressure is getting the best of me...between your vines creeping up the walls and Robert's vines on his Dueling Shacks, I added some vines to my BlueSky build!

• Right on...Anxious to see the completed project...
  • Love the idea of the holes in the roof. They look very natural.

One thing comes to my mind when I see this. The floor underneath the holes looks very clean. It should show the consequences of the rain , who rusted the corrugated panels in the first place, and dripped for so long on it.

Just an observation.
  • Hi Robert. The holes are in the instructions The roof can be removed and I have a lot of detail work to do on the inside yet.
    The panels were painted with Rust-Oleum Camouflage a dark brown color and I had some old powder's laying around so I just dropped some at the top and use a soft round brush and pulled it down. .........Carl
  • Hi Guy's. The second roof is complete and the rafters are installed on the shed roof now for some tar paper. ...........Carl

P1030361

P1030359

P1030360

P1030365

.P1030370
  • Very nice. Great job on those shingles. Great job on weathering.

Jerry
  • Carl,

Your work is fabulous.
  • This looks great so far. But I am convinced that it would look even better if you could take some photos outside in daylight. Artificial light can be a killer for colors.
    A very nice build !!!
  • Robert. I will give you a choice the back deck or the bird bath. ...................Carl

P1030273
    P1030271
  • Thank's everyone for the kind words..........Carl
  • Those look like the resin shingled roof castings that came with the kit - if so give them a light wash with ai to highlight between the shingles and add some shadowing. The stone wall casting came out great. Wonderful coloring and definition between the stones.

I think outdoor pics might be interesting....
  • Well i am done roofing for now and I did give the other roof a wash of A&I look any better Bret?
    P1030379

P1030374

P1030375P1030373

P1030384

P1030385
  • Looks wonderful Carl. It really is coming together well.
    Mark
  • Thank You Mark for the kind words...............Carl
  • Looks to be a winter wonderland. Great picture. Diane would love to be there.

Jerry
  • Really looks good Carl. Love the southwest look you've given the diorama. Looks hot and dry. Wood pile casting is so well done...among many other details.
  • Hard to tell in the new shots if the ai wash brought more detail to the roof castings -but... overall it is a wonderful build. The scenery really compliments the structure.
  • Brett i think I will give it one more wash and see . Thank's Carl
  • There's so much texture and detail in those roof castings - the ai will really bring it out.
  • Any better?P1030397

P1030395

P1030384

• yes, they look darker but it is difficult to compare before/after since the before pics were closer...
  • Carl--will a light dry brushing of the edges on the shingles help?
  • Coming along great. I love the low-angle shot of the loco parked inside.
  • Hi Everyone. A few more of the build...........Carl
    P1030427

P1030442
    P1030446 (1)
    P1030398

I will post the finished build on the other topic
  • Carl,

Your stone work looks great. I like the coloring you did.