visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Worldwide Miniatures

Comments

• I decided to build a "freebie" diorama for a friend overseas, to give these gems a home. ( he purchased them on Ebay ).
    Just wondering if any members here, might have built them.SINGAPORE FEB 2017 314
    SINGAPORE FEB 2017 311
    SINGAPORE FEB 2017 312
    SINGAPORE FEB 2017 313
  • Lol...that's an Award Winning Work Train. I built that and it won 2nd in the Scranton, PA Expo.
  • Gems, indeed! HO or O?
  • Hi Alan....Work train still in Singapore.... with Owner....I want to surprise him with a small shadow box dio, with double track that he can hang on the wall and place these incredible well made gems. I thought it was your work....( after i met you )...are these available in 1:48 scale ??
  • edited September 2017
    Yeah, the only thing that looks different are the guide wires around the smoke jack pipe on the Caboose. I think I modeled them straight but someone has bent them.

Only some of the cars were produced in O Scale...

- Blacksmith Car
    - Sand and Water Car
    - Hopper Cars
    - Tool Car
    - Logging Disconnects
  • I picked up the HO kit earlier this year at a swap meet and I am looking forward to building it. But there are other things on my list to get done first.
  • Staining and weathering timber. For years I have tried different methods, without getting bogged down with formulas or " the right way "..
    ...whatever is on hand at the time, i go for it...." experimentation "..
    ...sometimes it works, but as we have all experienced.
    ..we get good results 99% of the time..
    .weathering anything is " on going " ....i have re visited old projects a few times........ander's general store 017tn
    ander's general store 018tn
    ander's general store 019tn
    ander's general store 020tn
    ander's general store 021tn
    ander's general store 022tn
    ander's general store 023tn
    ander's general store 025tn
    ander's general store 026tn
    ander's general store 028tn
    anders shop 002tntn
    anders shop 003tntn
    anders shop 004tntn
  • Ah, the staining. Like you I use many methods from India ink and alcohol to shoe dye and several kinds of chalks and powders, and somehow they all get the job done. The graining and detailing, cracks and splits are key. I like your colours.
  • Thanks for the feedback....
  • Tea Bags for Tarps & Scenery ground cover..
    Been saving these for a scenery clinic.
    .tea bags3tn
    tea bags1tn
    tea bags2tn
  • Sounds interesting
  • Many coffee's before lunch......Just ask Alan Hubbard....cost him a fortune for my coffee's at Starbuck's, during the layout tours.....but have "tea" & cake in the arvo ( afternoon )
  • edited September 2017
    Yeah, Mario took me for about $50 at Starbucks over the course of a week. Ed, I currently do not own a Lambo. Its was traded in for a 2018 Lambo which wont be here until next spring...stuck driving a Tesla...
  • Beautiful work, Mario. Great tips, btw. I also built the HO work train and the two O scale cars.
  • Does anyone here use a real name..... I'd like to direct comments in reply..
    cdisdero..any pics of the work train...... I'm building a set in 3/8th scale using 1:48 standard gauge trucks.
  • Alan....you kept me fed & coffee'd as you asked me hours of questions about modelling & tips.
    Hope to have a parcel sent to you next week with a few extra goodies......( payment for the part share of the petrol ( Gas ) that you would not let me pay for....
  • Hi, Mario. I've got some photos of the work train that I built along with the O scale cars over in my intro posting: http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/index.php?p=/discussion/873/greetings-from-everett-wa#latest

My real name is Chris Disdero, and it's French, btw. :smile: My father was from Toulouse.
  • Hi Chris... Thanks mate...I did see them and left a comment
  • Chris... do you know this good friend of mine.....http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_alex_zelkin_sn3.html
  • Aussie Modellers 2017..
    . we don't built a lot of kits.... we come up with an idea and go for it !!
    http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_aussie_ng_convention_2017.html
  • Mario, I don't know Alex, but his layout is certainly a masterpiece. Thanks for letting me know about him so I can be inspired by his work.
  • Very nice wood patination! Love the idea . :smiley:
  • Sunday Morning....doing a few more projects for "show & tell" weekend expo in 2 weeks.....two suitcases full of stuff ready & fly over to Tasmania....hope I have room left for underwear & tooth brush...IMG_1805tn
    IMG_1811tn
    IMG_1829tn
    IMG_1869tn
    IMG_1870tn
    IMG_1871tn
    IMG_1872tn
    IMG_1873tn
    IMG_1874tn
    IMG_1875tn
    IMG_1876tn
    IMG_1879tn
    IMG_1880tn
  • Robert.G said:

Very nice wood patination! Love the idea . :smiley:

Regarding Mario's photos of the trashed boxcar- I love the model but I don't understand what is being modeled here. Did it crash? Did something fall on it?

Mario- I wish I could attend your show and tell Expo!
  • The stockcar was amazing and well done.....
    it just fell apart from old age, i would assume....
    .I feel that way today...( grin )Gato%5Ftank%5Ffallen[1]
    Gato%5Ftank%5F060906%5F%281%29[1]
    Gato%5Ftank%5F060906%5F%282%29[1]
  • WORK TRAIN ....SW WAGONS ???
    IMG_0480tn
    IMG_0481tn
    IMG_0482tn
    IMG_0483tn
    IMG_0484tn
    IMG_0485tn
    IMG_0486tn
    IMG_0487tn
    IMG_0488tn
    IMG_0489tn
    IMG_0490tn
    IMG_0491tn
    IMG_0492tn
    IMG_0493tn
    IMG_0494tn
    IMG_0495tn
    IMG_0496tn
    IMG_0497tn
    IMG_0498tn
    IMG_0499tn
    IMG_0500tn
    IMG_0501tn
    IMG_0502tn
    IMG_0503tn
    IMG_0504tn
  • SierraWest O Scale Log Cars for sure with a SW/CHB Dolbeer tossed in for good measure!
  • Classic rolling stock by SW......" as good as it gets "...excellent modelling....