visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Shelby's at the Narrow Gauge Convention - Steve Drees

I'm not sure how Steve didnt Win, Place or Show at the Narrow Gauge Convention this weekend as his Diorama was the most Photogenic in the Contest Room. The way the White and Red Buildings popped with the Blue Water made for an Awesome Photo. Congrats on the Fantastic Build Steve!

Shelbys

Comments

• Such a beautiful and excellently finished diorama Steve, congratulations on such a fine work.
    As Ed says, we look forward to your next great build.

Karl.A
  • Steve, you know how much I admire your work! I need to get some good pics from you to add to my gallery. This will be his third entry!
  • Excellent work as always Steve.
  • Steve, I personally admire this build. It is sensational and something I aspire to. Phil
  • Steve , this is great. It was great talking to you (tho on the phone), I'll look you up when I get to the south of Phoenix.
  • edited September 2017
    I'll hold my tongue regarding "popular vote" in the contest room!!...with that (not said) terrific build Stephen you should be extremely pleased with how this piece turned out just wonderful.
  • Thanks Alan for this. I really appreciate it very much. Thanks everybody else for your words of encouragement. This is my first time where I have entered a model contest where the winners are determined by a popular vote. I know the pitfalls now.
  • I am going back to working on my layout for a while now. I have 50 switch machines to install at the moment that I have been putting off because of the work on Shelby's.
  • When voting, some of the categories were a little confusing which ones were in which category. In any case, I loved seeing this and I took some pictures for reference. This is one kit I really want to get to. It was great to see it!
  • Alan & I know a guy would would like to purchase this diorama, if ever for sale....
    http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_steve_drees.html
  • Mario, I looked at your website and the pictures are absolutely fantastic. Thanks very much. The diorama is not for sale, I have a spot for it on my layout I am building.

JamestownTrains. thanks for the comment. Where my diorama was located, it was very crowded and for a long time there was not room to turn it around its turntable.
  • Steve. I really do not like making public comments about contest models, as I might get into trouble with many of my USA mates. I remember walking into the contest room on the Wednesday night and saw several models that just had to be photo scanned in detail. I took a couple of pic's of a diorama by Alan Hubbard and headed straight to your's. I carefully moved the diorama's adjacent so I could shoot pic's, while turning your project 360 deg. Glad you liked some of my "Happy Snappy's "..cheers mate........ "M"
  • Very nice collage Mario.

Thanks