visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#207 Logging Camp Essentials

edited May 2011 in Finished SW Build Pics
Hi all-
I figured I'd post some pics in of my Logging Camp diorama. I entered it in a regional NMRA event this weekend and scored 115 pts and a first place. Here are a few pictures:

Bill

Comments

• Congrats... glad is was a good experience! Very well deserved. I need to get that cd out you sent me and get some pics in my gallery.
  • Brett-
    I can attach the picture files, but all that shows up is a red "x". What am I doing wrong?
  • the pictures are showing up fine here...
  • I can see 'em on my wife's laptop but not on mine.
  • edited May 2011
    I see the pics fine, and they look great! Even outside on the lap top in the sunshine....
    Cant wait to see them on the big screen inside later, after I finish the yard ''work'...

Congrats on your accomplishment, and also on getting a well deserved '1st place'

Karl.A
  • Nicely done and a well deserved award.
  • Thanks Karl & KP.
    I got the picture thing figured out...it has something to do with IE. I clicked on that "compatibility view" icon on the right side of the browser window and the pictures showed up. Mine were the only ones one the forum I couldn't see. Goofy...

By the way, congrats on the new forum. Looking good!
  • wow, looks great Bill.
    If mine turns out half as good as that I'll be happy.
    cheers
    Dave
  • I don't know, Dave...based on the pictures of of your Railroad Camp that I just looked at, you've got nothing to worry about! "Half as good"???? C'mon! I think you've got the hang of it. It's very nicely done!
    Have you started Essentilas yet?
  • thanks Bill,
    I have built most of the buildings just not the station.
    Yours is on the side of a hill, something I haven't had a go at yet, the ones I have done have all pretty much been on the flat. I don't have anywhgere I can build the larger dioramas anymore, so I am currently working on the woodcutters shack, I can pretty much do that at the kitchen table.
    Do you have any larger pictures of your scene I can access?
    cheers
    Dave
  • Dave-
    LOVED the train station...it's a great, fun structure to build. Here's mine:

Building the hill side is pretty straight forward as laid out in the manual. It's really just built up from 3 pieces of foam insulation, castings and sculpt-a-mold:

As far as bigger pictures, I think the ones on my Flickr page may be bigger. If not, I can upload some larger ones here. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33489659@N04/sets/
  • I always liked the looks and the lines of that station Bill and you did a great job of it.
    One day I'll hopefully get to build it,.... but bigger....... (O)

'Till then I'll enjoy seeing your build of it, and any others.

Karl.A
  • the station would be awesome in o scale........ hmmmmmmm
  • Oh, oh, that hmmmmmmm means that the Deer Creek Box Factory (still think it should be the Crate and Barrel factory) won't become anything more than a daydream until long after the Mayan calendar expires... At what point does Brett's project pipeline explode?

Just out of curiosity, what industries do folks have buying lumber from Deer Creek (or whatever names you've chosen for it)? Besides the Foss Shipyard that is.
  • edited May 2011
    I have "R.Sole. Cleaning Supplies"

They make paper products..... from the pulpwood.

To name just one.

Maybe you should start a new topic with this question Mike, regarding subsiduary industries...

Karl.A
  • Karl ,

" R. Sole" used to be , and may still be , a shoe shop on The King's Road in London . Just thought I'd throw that in ,

Nick
  • Great looking dio; your craftsmanship really shows; I have a couple questions; what region are you in and what did you do to get 'scratch building' points. Both my region and the two nations I've entered in are 'major' on scratch building even with 'kit' structures. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dave
  • Nudge ...

(for Jeroen)
  • Bill, Congrats on the first place and merit award. Great construction and placement. Randy