visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New Lighting System

All,

I just noticed that Woodland Scenics is coming out in January 2015 with a new lighting system for LEDs that is DCC compatible. See the picture below. Very interesting!! This might work well with your SWSM structures.

Phil

Comments

• A interesting product and the "master box" would make things really easy for interior lighting. However, judging by the pictures the wires appear to be heavy and difficult to conceal on exposed interior and exterior applications so I'll stick with my home grown solution for the time being and follow some of JohnM's tips and ideas.
  • Evans Designs had some great products including micro wires and "fire" kits and ships fast ...
  • Interesting looking system, Phil. Let us know if you decide to work with it.

Respectfully,
    John
  • Looks like you can only run four lights from each expansion box, one to each building. Which is OK if you want one light inside the middle of each structure lighting the whole interior and are ready to block off windows and such. It doesn't seem very flexible (or I imagine) cost effective for realistic multi lighting of a craftsman kit.
    From the marketing pictures it looks more geared to sticking a single light inside a DPM structure, if that's all it's capable of I'd stick with simple bulbs for about 20c each, which are already DC and better yet, dimmable.

Karl.A
  • Good point Karl. That's why I posted it. I've learned to be careful with most of these items. They are meant for the "average" non-OCD hobbyist who is not ambitious with design.