visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

My First SWSM Craftsman Kit (Wood Cutters Shack)

I waited a long time before gaining confidence to build one of these kits.
I had build a couple kits before, but none that have the quality and detail
of Brett's kits. I chose the Woodcutters Shack because i could use it on my
layout eventually, and it is loaded with detail that tells a interesting story....
Just a couple pictures.....
Those are just a couple shots of the finished build. I took those without the
shed so the detail is visible. Many more pictures are available on the
railroad-line forum.

Thanks for viewing and/or comments.

Geezer

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Hey Bill: Thanks for posting these shots. I enjoyed following your build on the rrline forum and am sure you are proud of your wcshack... The diorama looks great and you have done a wonderful job creating that "end of the line" backwoods feel.
  • Hi Bill, really looks great and I too enjoyed watching it come together.
    Thanks for posting it here, back 'home' so to speak.

Karl.A
  • Hi Bill, good job on the woodcutters shack. Also saw it on the railroad forum and enjoyed following the build. What's next?

Malcolm
  • Hey Bill

Followed it on RRL. A really nice build. Just has that backwoods look to it.

Jerry
  • Hey Bill, I'll also sing in the choir that I really enjoyed the build in the RR-L forum, and glad to see that you have shared your work here. A great way to open this part of the forum.
  • Thanks for the positive encouragement guys.....much appreciated!
    Plan is to get the other two "sheds" and complete a section on my
    fledgling layout.
    The kit is a jewel to build or just to have laying on the shelf to look
    at once in a while! ;-) I never saw so many detail parts included in
    any kit I ever bought. I really learned a lot about weathering as well.........
  • edited April 15
    Here I am, 'bumping up' a thread from 2011 !!!
    At a time when we 'literally' only had a handful of members.

It is one of the very first kit builds that was ever posted here on the SW forum, from back when Brett and I first set up the forum, wayyy back in 2011.
    The idea was, to create a forum, and a space to share SW builds and most importantly, to support SW customers.

The quality of the build and the sentiments of this post still hold true today.

A first time builder, building his first SierraWest kit, getting outstanding results by simply following the manual and using the unrivalled quality of parts we have always found in the SierraWest kit boxes.

We have a lot to be thankful for over the years.
  • Well said Karl!

Jerry
  • Good looking diorama Geezer. A fine kit indeed !!!!
  • Hey Geezer, your dio looks awesome. I would echo what Karl said especially where you can get outstanding results on SWM kits by carefully following the instructions. You are a prime example of that so congratulations on doing such a superb build. Looking forward to seeing your next one!!