visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Greetings from the middle of Norway

Hi all,
Greetings from the middle of Norway!

I might be the odd man out here, as I am modelling norwegian meter gauge models in 1/45 scale.
But I share your interest in fine scale modelling, and especially theenthusiasm for the fine kits from Sierra West and CHB.

So far I have aquired four vintage CHB kits ( the universal miller, the lathe, pillar drill and hacksaw), and they will all go into a shadowbox diorama based on a railroad workshop for a narrow gauge railroad.

TB_verksted_tvers_230330_2_W

TB_verksted_oversikt_2_230330_W

As you can see, the machines are under construction, and the shop floor is rather barren. It will take a lot of details to recreate the prototype shop. And a lot of the details will hopefully be from Sierra West. Some machines will be scratchbuilt, like the wheel lathe and radial drilling machine.

interior_verksted_w

I hope that my work can be of interest to others on the forum, even if the modelled shop is of a foreign prototype.

Best regards,
Haavard "Hawk" Houen

Comments

• Hawk,
    Welcome to this great forum. Very nice job on the machinery. The shop is beautifully done too. Hope to see more from you.
  • Welcome to the Forum.....digging the machinery.....and you are right....Brett makes some great details....
  • Welcome to the forum, it's great to see your work so far, a very interesting project.
    We do have quite a few European members so you're not quite the odd man out, haha also many members from all over the world.
    SierraWest has no bounds !!!

We all enjoy great modelling, after all, modelling is modelling, so we are all looking forward to your work on the SierraWest machinery and details and watching this scene come together, and the rest of your work.
  • Welcome to the group, Hawk.
    Terry
  • looks like its gonna be a fine project to watch here on the forum. please update us when you can.
  • Welcome Hawk. We've seen each others work on other forums. Great work !!
  • Warm Welcome to this great forum Hawk.
  • Welcome aboard. Looking forward to watching this come together.
  • Welcome, glad you're here. Looking forward to your progress. I am working on the 3D Printed re-releases of the CHB Machine Shop Machinery Series. Looks like excellent timing for your current project!
  • edited April 2023
    admin said:

Welcome, glad you're here. Looking forward to your progress. I am working on the 3D Printed re-releases of the CHB Machine Shop Machinery Series. Looks like excellent timing for your current project!

Wow, thats great news. Will there be any benchtop details like hand tools in the series?

Regards, Hawk

• Welcome Hawk, Nice to see your work.
  • Nice seeing you here Hawk! Welcome.