visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

beatles fans

i learned of a band in the netherlands that plays beatle music by reproducing it exactly, and my god it's excellent. if any of you are beatle fans; especially from revolver to abbey road, you're in for a you tube musical orgy. to start you off, here is the white album in its entirety performed live by the analogues. close your eyes and turn it up. it's the real deal. stuff we never thought we'd hear live. entire albums in the track order of the album.

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Interesting Facts about Paul and Linda McCartney and their four children.

Story Source:
    azcentral,com/story/news/local/arizona-history/2018/01/04/beetles -paul-mccartney-arizona/1000137001

"Paul and Linda McCartney were said to be inseparable during their 29 years together, and Linda's affection for Tucson no doubt rubbed off on him. The Beatles' run was winding down by the time the couple wed, and she joined Paul's new band Wings on keyboard, which played at the Tucson Community Center in June of 1976.

A few years later, the couple bought a sprawling 150-acre ranch in the Tanque Verde area of east Tucson, off East Redington Road. The area is punctuated by rock formations, lots of saguaros and plenty of quiet and solitude. It was the ideal place to hide out and spend time their four children – Heather, Stella, Mary and James – horseback riding, hiking and swimming in the backyard pool.

“I love the Southwest, especially Tucson because my mom loved it there so much,” James McCartney told the Arizona Daily Star in May 2016.

Because of their fame, Tucson became the couple's happy place, even more so after Linda's breast cancer diagnosis in 1995. Already a devout vegetarian and author of several books on the subject, even good nutrition couldn't slow the disease and she passed in April 1998.

The privacy of the ranch allowed family and friends to mourn out of the spotlight. Early reports placed her death in Santa Barbara, but she was surrounded by her loved ones in the Sonoran Desert. Half her ashes were spread about the ranch, the rest taken to the couple's other vacation property in England.

Linda McCartney became part of the desert, much like the desert becomes part of us."

Contact “Only in Arizona” columnist Mark Nothaft at marknothaft.onlyinaz@gmail.com. Send him the weird and fun facts and places found #OnlyInArizona.
  • edited October 2022
    Linda McCartney was from NYC but attended the University of Arizona in Tucson so she knew the Tucson area well.

• Being that my Mum is from Liverpool.
    She used to go watch the (real) Beatles playing in The Cavern in the early days before they were really famous, when she was young and 'out on the town'.
    She still has all of the original first generation vinyl 45's and 78's.

Needless to say I grew up listening to the originals ALOT on my little 'swing arm' suitcase record player in my room when I was 6,7 years old back in the seventies.
  • Needless to say I grew up listening to the originals ALOT on my little 'swing arm' suitcase record player in my room when I was 6,7 years old back in the seventies.

my god you're a pup!!
  • by the way karl, i'extremely jealous of your Mum. to be there at that time. wow. i can't even imagine it.
  • I remember when all the hoopla of coming to the USA was brewing. I know I watched them on the Sullivan show but can't exactly recall it. I remember being excited about it happening so I'm sure I did. In Jr. High I did a report on them and the whole "Paul is dead" publicity stunt. Life magazine did a story about that and there were so many clues in various albums and album covers. I remember playing Revolution #9 backwards too. Great memories
  • edited October 2022
    what i remember so well i can smell it was the anticipation everyone had for their next record. it was an excitement that lasted right up until the very end. abbey road was life changing for me, and is my deserted island album. when they stopped touring and went in the studio full time, every album was an adventure, and i for one couldn't wait to hear it.
    check the video i posted at the top of the thread. these guys are fantastic at playing the studio albums front to back. as a matter of fact, i wasn't a huge fan of the white album untiol i saw this video. it made dear prudeence a great rock song for me.
    my thing is, i love the music; i believe abbey road is the finest rock album ever recorded, followed closely by dark side of the moon. now i can say i've heard those two great albums performed live. i never thought i'd be able to say that about abbey road, but now i can. these guys even nail the harmonies in because, and it sounds right. i'll stop now 'afore i get all gushy....
  • Need a tissue?
  • nope. better speakers would be cool.
  • I listened to most of this, and they are really good. The end of "Bungalo Bill and the lead-in to "As my guitar gently weeps" is fantastic. The guitar jam in "As my guitar gently weeps" is epic. Really loved it.
    I saw another Beatle's tribute group years ago that was fantastic too. Saw them live many times at various fairs in Pennsylvania. Check out "The Mahoney Brothers". They do a couple of different shows (Beatles and Juke box heros") and also their own music. U tube videos are not the best sound quality for them but there are fantastic. They put on a great show and dress the part and mimic them as well. Even have a left hander playing the part of Paul.

Also, since Kevin mentioned "Dark side of the Moon", we went to a concert put on by the "Uptown Music Collective" in Williamsport, Pennsylvania about 20 years ago. This is essentially a music school for young aspiring musicians, mostly high school age. A friend of mine's son wanted to learn to play guitar and they took him there to learn guitar and all about the music industry. He had been playing guitar for about 2 years when he played lead in this concert, and he blew me away. They put on the "Dark Side of the Moon" concert, and I swear I was listening to a live performance by Pink Floyd. They got every note and sound perfectly. They also did a few rock classic songs by iconic 60's rockers. "White Rabbit", a few Hendrix songs, a few Janis Joplin songs, etc, what a night it was. They do a couple of concerts a year. Thanks for taking me back to a time when music was really great.
  • edited October 2022
    For the Beatles, I like ... "love, love me do..."
    For Floyd I'll go with ... "Hello.. is there any body out there"
    Dont get me started on Ozzy...

• comfortably numb was a set closer that always brought the house down. (and usually earned the band a drink on break)