visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

vintage microlux table saw

i've ben trying to cut a shallow groove in a dowel/post so i can secure wires for an led, and i remembered having an old microlux table saw. it's been sitting in my garage for at least 15 years without being used. (i've only used it once). i''m just wondering if any of you old salts are familiar with the saw and can tell me if the blade height is adjustable.
here's some pics of all 4 sides and the top of the saw:
front
right
back
left
there appears to be a hole for an allen wrench next to the blade, but its not. i''ve tried removing the top blade but couldn't. i did get it loose and the blade moves with it. i'm baffled by this old hunk a junk...

any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Is the bottom open if so you may be able to see what is going on.
  • Kevin, what is the model # ? I can't quite make it out from the picture. Trying to find documentation online.
  • iits mounted to a board with screws (3) that pass through the saw from the top.
    i just heard back from the person that gave it to me. it isn't adjustable. so much for that idea.
  • edited September 2022
    Put something on the ‘table’ top so that the blade only protrudes the amount you want.
    Like a half inch or quater inch board. Double tape this to the actual top and use it as a temporary ‘risen table’

Ie, if you cant lower the bade, raise the table surface… ;-)

Job done.
  • Glue two pieces of stripwood to your temporary raised surface as guides for the dowel either side of the blade to keep the dowel centered and straight.

Dont cut a finger off.
  • i'll give that a shot tomorrow. tonight i think i'm gonna treat myself to brett's propane tank and a fire extinguisher. wow. waaaay cool.
  • Karl.A said:

Glue two pieces of stripwood to your temporary raised surface as guides for the dowel either side of the blade to keep the dowel centered and straight.

Dont cut a finger off.

Keep a band-aid close by just in case!!!

Jerry