visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

1:1 Kitchen "Model"

Hello everyone,
Sorry I have been absent from a lot of good discussions and pictures for awhile. I have completed the largest "model" I think I have done. This was my anniversary gift to my wife of 30 years. Putting up with me for that long, she has earned this one.
This took around 4-5 months to complete, and I did all the work except the sheetrock/tape/texture and granite countertops. That just takes me too long. I designed, build, finished, and installed all the cabinets. The framing was changed to a vaulted ceiling.
Don't mind the clutter or the missing blinds. It has since been organized and put away. The blinds are so slow coming still!!
Now I can get back to my RR.
20220721_080943
20220721_081004
20220721_081034
20220721_081115
20220721_081143
20220716_103734
20220713_174125

Comments

• that is some outstanding modeling right there. kudos!
  • Now you have the right to buy anything that you want.
  • Beautiful cabinet work. Like a SW kit, it cannot be rushed.......Rick
  • Great job! Are those 3D detail parts scattered about?
  • What an accomplishment! Not many DIYers could pull that off. Since deleted from my phone...least the wife sees it! Lol.
  • Beautiful job Emery. I know how much work that is, I did the same thing years ago.
  • Great work !!!
  • Now you have the right to buy anything that you want.

Bribery material! I like that.
    TomMich said:

Great job! Are those 3D detail parts scattered about?

Just the kitty. She turned out so life like...LOL
    KKarns said:

What an accomplishment! Not many DIYers could pull that off. Since deleted from my phone...least the wife sees it! Lol.

I cheated on the DIY.... I was a cabinet and furniture maker for 10 years before getting into the design and programming part. You know.... old school with a saw.

Thanks everyone for the support. I must admit, I was very, very leery of putting this out in front of the very best craftsmen in the world. One never knows how a design is going to be taken.
  • edited August 2022
    Oh right...guess that is the same as calling in a professional...just cheaper and you get to spend time with the lady of the house!
  • Wow Emery, this is really impressive. You even built a cat
  • Looks great Emery! Last year I did my kitchen solo and it's a lot of work. I bought my cabinets off the shelf, you building them yourself makes it all the more impressive.
  • Beautiful work. I'm sending you my address and my wife's specs.
  • It was such a pleasure watching this come together from the start, from the bare bones of the structural and raw cabinets and seeing it evolve through the steps into this masterpiece of craftsmanship.
    An amazing result I'm sure you are both very proud of, and thankful to reach the conclusion of. Now y'all can relax in comfort and enjoy a few cocktails/malts and smell that BBQ fragrance wafting in before dinner...
    Beautiful work.

The next anniversary is right around the corner, how are you gonna top this one...
    Happy wife, happy life.
  • edited August 2022
    Amazing job, especially for taking only 4-5 months. I once knew someone who took 4-5 YEARS to finish his kitchen. ;)
  • OUTSTANDING... Love the backsplash and light over the island. oh and especially love your crazy kitty!
  • Thanks again everyone. Home remodel is a real test on marriage. Glad this one is done. Both of us tired of living out of a microwave.
  • EmeryJ said:

Thanks again everyone. Home remodel is a real test on marriage. Glad this one is done. Both of us tired of living out of a microwave.

i hear ya! we did ours last year.