visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

On30 Annual SW article

I know it's been a while, but all is good. I 've been working on a Sierra West Only Kits layout/diorama that has to be ready for an exhibition in September. So when it's done, I'll post some photos on the forum.

Meanwhile , it's becoming a habit, the 2022 edition of the On30 Annual features once more an article of mine of a Sierra West kit/build. This time , The fantastic Blue Sky Company.... The photos you have seen perhaps here on the forum, but the story that goes with the article , you don't.

So, soon more on the kits I'm working on now..

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-03 om 07.49.12

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-04 om 06.59.48

That's all Folks ..... :)

Comments

• glad to see you back on the forum robert!
  • Congratulations on your "habit". Your build of BlueSky is fantastic and certainly worthy of the honors and article.
  • Brett makes them you build them beautifully!!

Congratulations!! Well deserved!!

Jerry
  • Congratulations Robert, great to see you posting, and with some good news.

Cant wait to see some info and pictures of the diorama you are building, I know it will be staggering.
  • Karl.A said:

Congratulations Robert, great to see you posting, and with some good news.

Cant wait to see some info and pictures of the diorama you are building, I know it will be staggering.

i concur......

• What a great honor Robert to have your work showcased like this! Well done and BlueSky has never looked better!
  • Well done, buddy. Anxiously awaiting the diorama you’re working on
    Terry
  • Congrats! Keep up the good work...
  • Congratulations Robert. Your work is deserves to be showcased.
  • Congrats Robert. A great place to showcase your fantastic work.
  • Good to hear from you Robert. Looking forward to reading the article.
  • Can't wait to see it.
  • Thanks, Robert. Congratulations. I'm going to start the Blue Sky kit here shortly and will be using yours as an example to follow. Awesome job.
  • Finally picked up a copy of the July/August 2022 Gazette and on p.15 found an ad for the On30 Annual featuring Robert's Blue Sky Company. Still anxiously awaiting delivery of my copy of the actual annual. Pony Express takes a while to get out here to the desert.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Mine arrived this weekend. Looking forward to browsing thru it and seeing Roberts great work!! I love the stories that go with them.
  • Robert I recently saw your great article in the On30 Annual. This last weekend I was in Tacoma for the National Narrow Gauge Convention. I spent quite a bit of time with Chris Lane the Annual's editor and we marveled about your skills. Though neither of us have met you we hope one day we will see your work in person. Chris is the host chairman of next year's NNGC and I will be for 2026 in Minnesota. So I've got a couple of years to figure out how to get you and your exhibition SWSM layout over here. Again "Bravo!" for Blue Sky. Just wonderful.
  • Thanks Mike, glad you enjoyed it. An article on the Beaver Lumber Company, my 'Sierra West kits only' layout, will be in next years edition..
  • jeez mike, i can get to minnesota in about 10 hrs (depending on where in minnesota) and if you can get robert's display layout there i'll be glad to make the drive. i was hoping robert would post more pics, but if i have to drive to see it i will. it's pretty spectacular.