visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Suncoast Center for Fine Scale Modeling

There are a number of discussions and rumors regarding the Suncoast Center for Finescale Modeling so let me clarify those a bit. The Suncoast Center is indeed closing because I (one member of five and the owner of the building) has decided to sell the building. The business next door has been anxious to buy the building for some time and they finally made an offer that couldn’t be refused. So, we were not evicted. It was a sound business decision that everyone understands.

The next big question is what happens to the centerpiece of the museum, the Sundance Central Modular Railroad? The layout is for sale, and we are attempting to find a new and appropriate home. Contrary to what you may have seen, no price has yet been established. We are also in the process of determining what to do with the other layouts in the museum. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to any us.

There has also been a lot of speculation regarding the future of Brian Nolan’s work that has been on display at the Center. I do not own Brian’s models. Brain’s family allowed me the honor of displaying his models for other to admire and enjoy. and because I have not ruled out doing another version of the Center at some point there has been not discussion of their future.
Dave

Comments

• Thanks so much for giving us the correct information, we very much appreciate it.
  • edited June 2022
    Thanks Dave, great to hear it direct from the source,
    Also great to read it isn't "the end" , just a pause.

We all look forward to enjoying much more great modelling and inspiration from you and the team in the future.