visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

ALCO's Lineside Storage Shed (& a bit more)

In the fall of last year, I knew early that there would not be a lot of time for doing any dios. So I chose something simple, design-wise, that would attempt to use up as much of the stuff I have stashed away in cabinets. The SWSM anchor to this dio is the Lineside shed. The baggage car has been hiding in a box for 20+ years. The rusted derelicts have been ready for duty and it was finally their time. Here's an overview:IMG_1043
Here's the Lineside shed. It has seen better days so the boys said to bring them that old baggage car and they'd do the rest. Gotta watch where you step. IMG_1033
Here's the baggage car. I roughed it up a bit, added the dock around it, and loaded a bunch of castings from who knows where at this point. The trainman and the dog see something about to happen just down the line. IMG_1034
If the boys have the time, it sure is some nice scenery! IMG_1036
From the other side of the camp, some supplies are piled ready for pickup by the next engine. Otherwise, just a place for somebody's junk. IMG_1038
At the time, there was no good way to frame a shot with the bald eagle looking for lunch. IMG_1043

Comments

• Another view of supplies ready line-side for pickup. IMG_1063 The business end of the dock has a workarea for light welding and such.
    IMG_1064
    My grandson thinks this is pretty funny and that's good enough for me!
    IMG_1065
  • What a great scene.
  • Looks great!
  • Very nice indeed….is the old derelict a BTS kit?
    Terry
  • Terry- no, it’s a resin casting.
  • The Lineside Shed looks terrific Alan
    and I like the way you've built the scene around it, nice work.
  • Beautiful diorama !!!
  • What a beautiful diorama! Great scenes all along the track and wonderful visual storytelling! Thank you for sharing this with us!
  • Nice use of details and the LineSide Shed fits in quite nicely. Well done.
  • Beautiful vignettes no matter where you look. Not just model building, but storytelling, as Brett put it.

George
  • Thanks all. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
  • Great diorama! Lots of interesting stories happening throughout the whole diorama! In my opinion the little vignettes make the whole more interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • ALCO said:

Thanks all. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

what's not to enjoy? it looks spectacular!