visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

For Sale.

For all of the Southern Guys
I have ice scrapers ice melt snow shoes snow tires and canned heat for sale first come first served. Also tips for staying warm at a very small cost you know it is Winter Time...............the Dude.

Comments

• Carl, I sure could have used the ice melt. At least I have snow shovels from my time in Spokane. Phil
  • Meh, a couple of cold days aint gonna stop us down here, it's going to be back up in the 60's by the weekend and probably in the 70's and blue skies in a couple of weeks, y'all have fun with another two months of winter... the top will be back down in a few weeks and I'll be thinkin of you...

001a
  • Yea Karl it will be a rough one.

P1000973

Stay warm.
  • edited February 2021
    Yep, I am... you do the same...

001b
  • I moved south for a reason. No snow with this storm thankfully but we did get some last month...first in about 3 years. Also had a thunderstorm last night which is unusual for Feb.
  • That's a nice Rumford fireplace, Carl.
  • I stayed North because I have no common sense!!! But we do have the Jersey shore!!

Jerry
  • i have two sisters in and around the austin texas area. one is a widow, and she has power and about 5" of snow. The other is married and they haven't had power since yesterday and they have over 12" on the ground. she's grateful for their chicago area upbringing (and the fact that she still has all her winter stuff)
    both say it's hysterical watching their neighbors freaking out about the weather.
  • Minus 20 a couple of nights ago here in So. CO. (Yawn)
  • I'm within a mile of the Ocean in Jersey....I have plans.....plans to move to Florida.....I am done with this cold weather...
  • I moved to the Tucson area from the Chicago area about 15 years ago to escape Winter.. A cold day here is anything under 40 degrees. The elevation where I live is 3,000 feet plus a few feet here or there for foot hills. The Catalina Mountains are our backdrop to the east. I walk 3-5 miles daily at daybreak and see most of the same people daily walking their dogs. On days that are around freezing the common greeting is, "Next year I'm going someplace warm for winter, like Arizona."
    This year we had a snowfall of about 10" on January 27. By noon most of the snow at our elevation was gone but the snow at the highest elevations remains for the skiiers and snowboarders to enjoy.
    Snow Catalina Mountains Back Yard 2 1.27.2021 B. resize
    The next dat the golfers are back out in force and one can always pick out a golfer from Chicago or Minnesota because they are wearing shorts!

Later, Dave S, Tucson, AZ
  • Gorgeous Dave.
  • Dave_S said:

I moved to the Tucson area from the Chicago area about 15 years ago to escape Winter.. A cold day here is anything under 40 degrees. The elevation where I live is 3,000 feet plus a few feet here or there for foot hills. The Catalina Mountains are our backdrop to the east. I walk 3-5 miles daily at daybreak and see most of the same people daily walking their dogs. On days that are around freezing the common greeting is, "Next year I'm going someplace warm for winter, like Arizona."
    This year we had a snowfall of about 10" on January 27. By noon most of the snow at our elevation was gone but the snow at the highest elevations remains for the skiiers and snowboarders to enjoy.
    Snow Catalina Mountains Back Yard 2 1.27.2021 B. resize
    The next dat the golfers are back out in force and one can always pick out a golfer from Chicago or Minnesota because they are wearing shorts!

Later, Dave S, Tucson, AZ

we play hockey in shorts up here....

• Bryan, Thanks. It is so different from where I lived pre retirement that I have to pinch myself to see if I am really here in the Sonoran Desert. It is much greener and more lush with different plants and wildlife than we had in the Midwest, it is amazing !

Kevin, LOL.
    My sister-in -law lives down in the Palos Heights area and sent photos of 18" of the white fluffy stuff in her yard. She had to shovel pathways in her yard for her two little dogs to go out to do their duty. Glad I can enjoy it up in the mountains and not have to shovel my old 150' driveway any longer.

Later, Dave S.
  • yeah, can't say i blame ya. you brought back a memory: stationed on the uss long beach home ported in san diego. after a while we ended up living in an apartment complex in imperial beach. we were getting ready to head out on a westpac cruise in a couple of weeks, and whenever we were at sea we were the plane guard for the uss enterprise. (i was actually in charge of air traffic control) so i spent alot of time talking to f-15 pilots...b ut i digress. we bought and built a model of the enterprise, filling the hull about 1/4 with beach sand for ballast, then....one of my buddies had a dodge ram pickup, so one morning we jumped in the truck, went up to big bear mountain and filled the truck bed up with snow and brought it back to silver strand beach (where the seals train). floated the enterprise model out into san diego harbor, and sunk it with snowballs. another buddy parked his dodge ramcharger down on the beach and when the tide came in he ended up having to call a tow truck to get his truck out of the harbor. we were pig drunk and sunburned and having a blast.
    these days not so much....
  • Carl...”speaking” of your fireplace, awhile back there was a thread were you spoke of the joinery of the ceiling structure shown in the background of your fireplace photo...can you re-post the photos from that thread please....I think my son might be interested to see those
    Terry