visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the Engine House at Eureka Springs

Comments

• The overhead storage area is superb. Love it. The water cooler, cup holder, chalkboard, and electrical details make this hard to believe it's HO Scale...
  • Appreciate that Tom. Since you mentioned "little details" here is an example of the extremes in detailing that we go through that will never be seen...fun anyway!

IMG_0444

I put a decal on the front and side of the tank in this picture with black lettering...I don't even know what they say! lol.

• But you know they are there!
  • Thanks Brett and thanks for developing such a timeless kit!
  • The cup dispenser next to the water cooler and the used paper towels overflowing the trash next to the sink! WOW and WOW! I am sure there are more little details I haven't found yet. Ken, truly amazing modeling......Rick
  • I spy some light.

The chalkboard made me smile.
  • Yeah that's true Tom...

Thanks Rick and appreciate you picking out those little details. Like I have mentioned previously, I love trying new things with every build, even if that "new thing" is a small little detail I haven't utilized before.

That chalkboard is in the original picture of the engine house...see Brett's picture above...so I just had to include it! Thanks for noticing Bryan.
  • amazing....
  • Hey thanks Kevin!
  • Well Ken, this is so beautiful. And I love it when everything is placed so it makes sense and is logic. And it definitely has your signature... :wink:
  • Ken,

Another home run. Deft use of your imagination and the execution thereof. Sure hope that light above the office roof annex will illuminate to draw some of the viewers attention to that area.
    Did you use black tulle to create the safety glass in the window next to the ladder in this photo;
    http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/512/QSCHX8E3D7OR.jpg
    Thanks, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Appreciate that Robert and coming from a master craftsman as yourself, means a great deal!

Thanks so much Dave, and nice hearing from you. I used standard white tulle spray painted brown and then weathered. I found spray painting the stuff before messing around with it gives it a bit of added stiffness making it easier to handle and easier to see. White is really hard to see and keep track of! Lol
  • Your detail work is superb Ken!!
  • Thanks much Emery...get it done while I can still see all that stuff good!
  • edited April 2021
    Beautiful job Ken, looks incredible. That is quite an impressive structure.
  • Jim M said:

Beautiful job Ken, looks incredible. That is quite an impressive structure.

i'll say. man.....

• Thanks Jim, right you are...the structure is wonderful, lots of details planned.

Appreciate that Kevin!
  • Ken, you surpass yourself every time. Always the next level. Great work as always and executed perfectly.
  • Appreciate that Karl, coming from you that means a great deal...
  • Sustained excellence time after time! You are now an internet influencer (LOL). Congrats.
  • Fantastic work as usual Ken! The interior looks dirty but not messy just like a real shop.
  • Well Al...nice to hear from you and thank you for the kind words here! I get lost in these kits every time! lol.

Hey Steve, long time my friend! Thanks much and dirty is good...
  • Ken, another amazing build. The detail is just wonderful. You really think of everything. Phil
  • Thanks Phil! Nice hearing from you.
  • I keep coming back to admire that pic at the top of this page... remarkable.
  • Ahh...you're just checking out the calendar!....Appreciate that my good man...
  • Did something I try not to do and that was, I rushed some pictures of phase three of my Eureka Springs interior detailing. After I posted the pictures, I noticed several issues in the modeling that needed corrected. One...OK no big deal, but there were at least four issues so I deleted the entire post, fixed the modeling issues, and have to re-take all the pics and re-post. Weather is not looking good for pics over the next few days, so I am posting one shot here until I can get the thing imaged.

IMG_0555
  • Incredible stuff Ken, the finish on everything is beautifully done. I also like the photo angle.
  • Wow, Ken. What beautiful work. Once again, my own standards are raised.
  • Thanks Karl, the only shot that didn't show my screw ups!

Appreciate that Craig.