visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Phil's tool shed

edited August 2011 in O Scale Builds
Time to critique this puppy. I welcome all suggestions, hints and anyplace I could have done better. Details to come later. I thought I would get an opinions on the basic building.

Phil McBride

Comments

• Looks really nice Phil - truly an excellent job... you should be very pleased. I cannot find anything to nitpick!!!! everything is weathered well, clean corners, folded tarpaper over roof edges, etc....

be sure to "insert the image" next time you upload pics so they appear as part of the thread. Most folks will not click on the image thumb nails and see your awesome work!!

Brett
  • Thanks Brett, knew I messed up somewhere when the images didn't come up
  • Looks great Phil....

Very nice colouring and the construction cant be faulted, everything looks good.

Karl.A
  • It looks just as it should - an older but serviceable shed. The aging on the siding is well modeled but not over powering. Personally, I’d be happy with it, you’ve done a very nice job. I’m looking forward to seeing it with all the castings.
  • If you post a message with attached images but forget to insert them can you then go back and use your privilege to edit to get them in?
  • edited September 2011
    Nice build Phil.
    The color of the wood on the picture is reddish. How did you achieve that color or is it just my computer system that renders it that way?

I like how you treated the bottom go the siding. I will try to do more of that on my next build. To compare see the thread on O scale builds titled Tool Shed, I just uploaded a progress picture

Brice
  • Brice
    Do not adjust your monitor.
    I used a combination of raw umber, burnt umber chalks & alcohol. The burnt umber gave it a redish tint.
    Sorry for the slow response, just returned from Hickory via Cass WV
  • No problem Phil. Hope you had a great time