visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Occasional Random Thoughts and Stuff

Comments

• What Joel said!....
  • Joel said:

Amazing details. Just when we all convinced your kits couldn't get any better.

Thanks Joel and Ken, much appreciated!
  • Jerry said:

If you made people we could get a little Brett in every kit!!

Jerry

Oh man no, hah!
  • IMG_0078

Handmade crushed drums and trash cans. A couple of the drums were run over by a tractor and the treads are visible. Weathered simply with ipa and powdered chalk.
  • edited December 2020
    are these gonna become available to us?

• You bet Kevin... working on some fun new things like these.
  • edited December 2020
    outstanding!!!
  • These are O but I will also make them in HO
  • Details with such realisme you only find at SW. Great stuff.
  • Very nice.
  • thank you gents...
  • Sweet pic, well staged...if that doesn’t get you in the mood to model grungy don’t know what would!
  • true - that's definitely the idea!
  • Love the trashcans!! Hopefully they will be in HO. Phil
  • The area I'm going to model on the layout for O'Neills and the foundry will need some of those grungy cans and drums.....
  • How about a loose roll of rope to hang from one of the pegs.

For the rope, about the best solution I could find was using real scale rope from the model ship guys. It was a pain to coil up until I dipped it in Matte Varnish and then wrapped it into a coil. It kept its coiled shape very well. Looks pretty darn real too.
  • Love all the new details you are planning! Can't wait to be able to purchase them in HO
  • Hey Tom, lots of amazing HO Scale stuff coming in 2021...
  • That pastel stick & brush really came out good!!

You know there's always has to be some humor!!

Jerry
  • hah yeah well I worked really hard weathering them. Glad you noticed!
  • Nice , can't wait .
  • Thankful I'm not on the frontline of this one. Looking forward to my time in line for the shot.
  • me too. i'm considered an essential worker, but we haven't been given any kind of timeline for the vaccine.
  • Thanks for the update!
  • Just wanted to make sure those that might be on the fence regarding the vaccine to just get it done!...
  • Ken, thanks for your support and encouragement. You don't have to encourage this 75+ forum member, however. I'm in line as soon as my turn comes. Each state may handle this vaccination a bit different and supplies may hinder a speedy turn. But I'll be there when my turn comes.
    Another vaccination I would encourage all to get is the shingrix series. I had chicken pox as a kid and got it again as an adult while teaching during a summer school session. Thankfully a doctor caught it immediately and knew how to prevent further complications to my eye sight. Once the new Shingrix Series of shots was available I was on it. Didn't have to convince a retired ophthalmologist friend to get it either. We went together.

Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ