visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Occasional Random Thoughts and Stuff

Comments

• brownbr said:

Nothing you can't make huh? Put me down for a couple hundred O scale pine cones. I want to trick out my trees.

pine cones would be so easy... is there a market for that? hah
  • Sent you a link to a guy that makes 1:35 pine cones. They are super detailed and super expensive.

Ken needs an HO scale squirrel also.
  • when will the "glass" bottles become available?
    and what 3d details did you come up with for o'neills and will they become available outside of the kit for those of us that bought o'neill's before you bought your 3d printer??
  • Kevin - meant the Foundry, not O'Neills.... bottles will be available after Christmas.

No Squirrels...
  • IMG_0053

O Scale - 3D printed hand tools

IMG_0894

here they are in use. lots of new parts here on the shelf. can you spot them all?
  • Brett,
    Sign me up for the 3D oil bottles and hand tools in O-Scale. Simply Awesome.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Thanks Dave! Here are two styles of industrial Lamp shades...

IMG_0054
  • Brett,

You read my mind! Would it be possible to make those lamp shades hollowed out and a bit deeper so we can more easily put LED's inside them? I would also like to see if I couldn't use one to fashion a gooseneck desk top lamp for inside a station/depot window on a dispatcher's desk or on top of a shop lathe where a woodworker is turning a spindle. You get the idea.

• New packaging for SW 3D printed parts...

Always a class act. That is really nice. Looking forward to getting some of that action.
  • droolin' over the toolin;....
  • admin said:

IMG_0053

O Scale - 3D printed hand tools

IMG_0894

here they are in use. lots of new parts here on the shelf. can you spot them all?

couple bottles, a t-square, and hand saw and a triangle square. what'd i win?
  • You had me at the next installment of the O Scale Foundry was coming......Those 3D details are amazing.....
  • Dave_S said:

Brett,

You read my mind! Would it be possible to make those lamp shades hollowed out and a bit deeper so we can more easily put LED's inside them? I would also like to see if I couldn't use one to fashion a gooseneck desk top lamp for inside a station/depot window on a dispatcher's desk or on top of a shop lathe where a woodworker is turning a spindle. You get the idea.

yeah, for sure I can hollow and deepen. That's really the amazing thing about this process, super flexible. Steep learning curve (still learning a lot) but worth the time and expense. And it's very enjoyable.

Love the idea of the gooseneck lamp. Bill suggested shop manuals for a desk or shelf. Any other suggestions?

• You had me at the next installment of the O Scale Foundry was coming......Those 3D details are amazing.....

Thanks man, appreciate the support.
  • Kevin, your getting there...

• Nice additions to your detail parts Brett.

Jerry
  • Pipe fittings, water spigots, turn handles
  • Jerry said:

Nice additions to your detail parts Brett.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, much appreciated!
  • brownbr said:

Pipe fittings, water spigots, turn handles

Excellent ideas....spigots especially. Too fragile to cast in metal but an awesome detail. Thanks Bryan!

• Maybe strap door hinges?

Terry
  • door handles for freight doors and door knobs for people doors.
  • Those are amazing. I wish I had more time.

How about a loose roll of rope to hang from one of the pegs. You'd also have a full set of items up there for a game of Clue :)
  • edited December 2020
    Definitely have thought about figures and animals - not really my wheelhouse tho...

IMG_0056

Now these gas bottles are my thing. I HATE casting these so this is what's in printer #3 this morning... see how they turn out. First batch. This shot is from my computer screen of the file prep.
  • Would be great to see some in HO!
  • TomMich said:

Would be great to see some in HO!

hah! the smallest one's are HO...
  • Wow Brett!
    Might even have to pick up an O scale kit just to really tear into some of those details.
  • How about electrical boxes/meters for connections to power lines? In HO of course!
  • TomH said:

How about electrical boxes/meters for connections to power lines? In HO of course!

Excellent idea!
  • edited December 2020
    engine909 said:

Your wheelhouse is larger than you think. Sales would be phenomenal. Even Ken would purchase some.

Yeah, every time I have offered the CHB figures they have sold out in days. No question there is a market but I am not passionate about making figures so...