visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Tool Shed

edited August 2011 in O Scale Builds
The planets seemed to be finally aligned for me to start my first O scale project. This is the right wall of the Tool Shed. After I took the picture, I realized that I did not cut out the window. A another picture later (I am out of town) will rectify the omission. I followed Brett's instruction and discovered the tremendous amount of control over the look of individual boards. I started on the left side and you can sense the timid approach to it. the right side shows a much more "liberated" experience. I did forgot to butt to boards together on this side. But I have three more sides to go...

Comments

• Good looking start and nice colours.

Karl.A
  • Thanks Karl
  • Great start Brice.
  • Thanks KP,
    Here is a progress photo

• Looking good, Brice. Texture & color are on the money, windows look nice and dirty with some random fragments and cracks.
    The one thing I would point out is the board spacing on the left wall above. It has almost a pickett fence look toward the top. Maybe the white background is making it jump out more than it appears in person, but I thought I'd mention it.

Keep posting pictures!
    Bill
  • Point well taken Bill . The photo makes it worse but nonetheless I think you are right, the spacing is a bit too loose.
    Thank you for the rest of your comment.

Brice