visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

E&TJRR builds

Comments

• No worries guys. I asked for advise, so adding it in is expected.
    Here was yesterdays fix of a large mess I made. Not going into details on that one.
    I did tone down the bright metal bands with Vallejo rust texture after this pic was taken.
    All in all, I am fairly happy with the end results. Sorry my camera is less that stellar. crates
  • Everything looks a lot better. Congratulations. It may be just the flash on your camera, but if the silver bands shine a bit too much, just dab a little grey chalk on it to dull it a bit. Kind of like the news anchors putting on powder so their faces don't shine too much on the camera. Phil
  • Try to make the photos outside in daylight. Helps a lot !
  • You got some nice depth to the texture of the wood castings. Good job.
  • The wood barrels have been re-done for about the 10th time. They are simply practice at this point, as I had wrecked a bunch of the resin castings last week. Anyway, I can honestly say that the AK paints have made my beginner skill much better. Also, thanks to ya'll for advice and especially Bryan for letting me wear him out. Awaiting a set of new castings so that I can actually put this practice to real use. Lots still to learn, but I am having fun!! It is dark outside, so I had to use my big shop lights to get decent lighting.AK_paint_help
  • You learn quickly. They are looking great......Rick
  • Nice work !!!
  • i think you've got it. oustanding.
  • These look great.
  • Looking good
  • well done! Looking great.
  • Weathering turned out GREAT! The barrels rings are also great. One thing if I may make a suggestion is to sand the back of the labels to as thin as possible so they don't look so thick. This shows up on the green bottle. Otherwise looking very nice.
  • I will give that a try Tom. I had read about it somewhere but did not think to give it a shot on this first bottle. Thanks everyone for the great replies!!
  • Barrels look great...love the light wood tone you achieved. Nice change from the dark wood barrels so often modeled.
  • Nice detail work. The muted colours are a good choice.
  • Backdrop coming in 2 weeks. Installed the sign grade aluminum backer to keep it smooth. Rather easy to install. Did it alone.BackDropBacker
  • Thanks Bryan! I finally got to give this a go. I am very happy with the results per your tutorial. BarrelsAK
  • What a layout room. I’m impressed. Your barrels also look good. Phil
  • Impressing space for your layout!! Good weathering on the barrels.
  • Glad that worked out for you. They look really nice.

Getting ready to do a few more myself.
  • Wow, love the drums! Uhmmm but not as much as your layout room!
  • Backdrop finally installed. Up next, the sub-roadbed for all the track.Mural2
  • Backdrop is Awesome!
  • Love the backdrop and lighting....Rick
  • The backdrop really looks great. Phil
  • Love the backdrop. Can't wait to see the crossing to match the roadbed as shown here.
  • This is going to be good. Glad to have a seat upfront. A marvelous start. Can’t wait for next pix.
  • what.... where..... how!
  • How cool is that!...beautiful facility Emery.
  • that is awesome! love the backdrop. jealous as hell over the room.