visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Truck repair and other randomness.

Comments

• Here are some random progress photos. i took a bit of a hiatus. But, i've made a bit of progress of late. Some of you may notice that i am not exactly following the layout of the items as intened by Brett.... I've saved C clamps from various other kits and got a chance to make a rigging area and thought this would be a good kit to take advante of the saved items.

20201129_011244255_iOS
    20201129_011248941_iOS
    20201129_010838949_iOS
    20201129_010843193_iOS
    20201129_010856977_iOS
  • It looks great. You are making it your own which I like very much.....Rick
  • Great stuff! Details look great.
  • cant wait to get started on this one myself....
  • Great progress. Phil
  • Looking great.
  • Great use of fine details. Time spent here is well worth the effort as you are demonstrating.
  • Here is where i'm at.. I'm "almost done" with the lathe... the oil paint is drying. Once that's dried, i'll give it one last dusting with some chalk.. Then, i think i will be done with that casting. i kind of tried to follow Bryan on the late a bit...

As for the tractor repair. the 4 walls photoed are glued together but not glued to the floor yet... i still need to contstuct the middle post before i can glue the rest together. But, i also want to put some wall details in as well. I also need to decide what i'm going to do with the open space where the track repair is taking place.

20201206_174851512_iOS
    20201206_175113440_iOS
    20201206_175529830_iOS
    20201206_175540999_iOS
    20201206_175558332_iOS
  • Great work on the details. Interior photos are very nice also.
  • Alex, really nice and beautiful work. I have one suggestion. On the middle shelves in the last picture, why don't you add a bit more color? It's a bit monotone and would match better with your other beautiful work. Phil
  • this kit is next on my agenda and if it turns out half as good as yours i'll be a happy man...
  • Phil,

I can knock some of the chalk off. There initially was a decent amount of color. The chalk covered most of it...
  • All the castings look great.
  • Alex, totally up to you. I lean towards more color. For example, your first picture has wonderful color and contrast. Phil
  • Here is a bit more randomness. i'm using the portion of the tractor repair as a "stage" for now.. These will have their own place soon enough.. i'll fix the top pully on the drill when i put the drive belt on. i noticed that was a little crooked when i took these photos..

20201209_025318421_iOS
    20201209_025326059_iOS

• Beautiful work....Rick
  • Nice selection of machines. They will look right at home in this build. Will you have install an overhead drive?
  • Excellent detail work again Alex.
  • Machinery turned out really nice!
  • brownbr said:

Nice selection of machines. They will look right at home in this build. Will you have install an overhead drive?

Yes sir.. that's the plan. I'm going to try to replicate some of Brian Nolan's implementation... i've saved quite a few photos of his diorama's.

We'll see how mine turns out...
  • Well done Alex.
  • What a workshop . Makes me go looking back at Karl.A 's Nice work..
  • Love the machinery, can't wait to see this come together!
  • I made a little progress over the weekend.......

This was my first time painting brick... it took me a while to get is to the condition it's in now... i think that's about as good as i will be able to get it.

coals
    coals1
    forge
    oil can and forge
    oil can and forge1
  • That looks great....Rick
  • I second it
  • if it were me i would add a few more holes in the forge coals. seems like a helluva lot of effort for very little payoff. i rhink it looks fantastic, i just think it needs to look a little hotter.
    the oil tank on the other hand, looks just right to me.
    great modeling....
  • Well. There are no holes... that's a real coal load... i could wet it down and play with it a bit, i think i'm going to try dual led's first though.
  • i'm sorry i thought it was a casting.