visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New. O scale modeler from Florida

I live in Jacksonville, FL. I do not know if any of you will remember some of my modeling experiences. Back in the late 70' early 80's
Malcolm Furlow & I set up a model railroad experience. Once a month for a few years I would fly Malcolm from Dallas over to Jacksonville to teach me the correct way to build a HON3 layout the Silverton & Telluride Railway Co. The layout would be kind of like his Rio Chama only bigger.
We wrote articles in the Gazette & Model Railroader. Those days are in the past & now it is time for me to start a new adventure. This time I will be modeling in On30 logging. Not sure about a layout yet. Over the past few years I have been ordering O scale kits from Sierra West. This time it will be just me doing all of the work as Malcolm has gone on to be a famous artist. I will post as I get going & believe me I will be leaning on all of you for help & questions. Yes my sawmill just arrived however I will not start with it.
Thanks, Mike

Comments

• Welcome Mike, great to have you here on the forum We look forward to watching your On30 empire take shape!
  • Welcome aboard.
  • Mike, you are most welcome. Looking forward to your journey.....Rick
  • Mike....welcome aboard
    Terry
  • Hang on Mike.
  • Good have you here Mike!

Jerry
  • Hey Mike, welcome and we like a lot of pictures
  • Welcome Mike. Looking forward to seeing your builds. There is a great fraternity of creative and talented builders on this forum willing to share their knowledge and experiences.
  • Welcome Mike. I corresponded with Malcolm a few years ago. As you know, he was totally misunderstood and treated unfairly by the rivet counters and I wanted him to know what an influence he was to my modeling. He appreciated the correspondence. I'm glad to have you on the forum. Phil
  • Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your work.
  • Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome
  • you're gonna love it here.
  • edited June 2020
    Welcome Mike to the forum, we look forward to you sharing your efforts and experiences. You have found the best place to share your SierraWest experience with lots of great modelers and advice to learn from, and also, teach us.
    Great to have you with us.
  • engine909 said:

Preferably pictures of your modeling or layout.

Now that's some funny sh*t right there....

• You’ve joined a great group of folks here Mike.
    Welcome!
  • Welcome Mike, nice having you here.