visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• edited December 2022
    kebmo said:

are these new disconnects functional?

Short answer is no. They're supplied with 3D Printed wheel sets so non-functioning. I have a complete construction video all ready to upload to YT and will as soon as the discon's are ready to release. More info about how to make them functional in the video.
  • Do I really need another set of disconnects? Not really.

Will I get another set of disconnects? Absolutely.
  • I am addicted to Brett's 3D stuff....I have stuff I have no immediate need for.....but I will find a way to use it...
  • brownbr said:

Do I really need another set of disconnects? Not really.

Will I get another set of disconnects? Absolutely.

Good man, that's the kind of attitude I like to see...
  • edited December 2022
    Took some time off to relax from current projects...

Painted up one of Bretts 3DP wheelbarrows that have been shipping in kits for a while now.

The original was always a favorite detail of mine that has been featured on many of my past dioramas,
    ​​​​​​​as will this new version going forwards.
  • Nice use and ware marks on the wheelbarrow Karl. Randy
  • Great detail work on an equally great printed detail. Every good diorama should have one!
  • edited December 2022
    The scrapes and rust look fantastic...
  • edited December 2022
    Thanks Randy, I tried to show that 'stuff' would be sliding out of the front end constantly, hence more wear.
    Absolutely Ken, and thanks, it's an amazing detail.
    Thanks Art, much appreciated.
  • Great weathering on a super detail/casting/printing.... :smiley:
  • Fantastic job with the wheel barrow.
  • Love that wheel barrow! Wish it was available in HO
  • TomMich said:

Love that wheel barrow! Wish it was available in HO

hah! will be available in HO Scale very soon....
  • Looking forward to the new stuff too.....I need to populate my module....
  • Great news Brett. I have admired that wheel barrow for a while seeing it on this forum. thanks for the update. It's like Bryan put it, Do I need more details? The answer is absolutely, especially when they are as GREAT as Brett has been making!
  • edited December 2022
    Something new coming very soon: NEVER been anything like this before in any hobby! The pumps are based upon the prototypes listed. I did not attempt to reproduce them exactly, simply represent the flavor of the prototype. These are the ¼" versions. HO Scale will follow shortly. This has been a mission of mine - producing a deep line of awesome gas pumps. Very proud of these, lot's of work here. Thanks to all those who contributed to this project.

gas pumps2

1. Fry Model 177 Visible Pump Manufactured by Guaranteed Liquid Measure, early 1920's era
    2. Wayne Model 576 Pump, early 1940's era
    3. Bennett Visible Pump Model 10, early to mid 1920's era
    4. Wayne Model 60 mid 1930's era
    5. Fry Model 17 "Mae West" (Fat Bottomed Girl) Visible Pump Manufactured by Guaranteed Liquid Measure, early to mid 1920's era

• edited December 2022
    These are great. You really did a fantastic job with these prints. What a nice variety.
  • I like #1 and #4 the best! I'm going to need a few of them!
  • I've been following other manufacturers of 3D parts as well because it's such an exciting time in modeling.....so what's your point, Terry you might ask....my point is I haven't come across anything that is thorough or extensive as what Brett is developing/offering...kudos Brett
  • Stunning prints! Finish work ain't bad either! SWSM 3D Detail Parts just keep getting better and better...
  • Brett,

These look terrific. Love gas pumps. Will be needing many of these.

Frank
  • Awesome! Can't wait to see what will be coming available soon! We keep getting teasers of what's to come, and they are all awesome. Looking forward to them.
  • unreal. you raise the bar on a daily basis...
  • I am in need of more details...I like them all...visible ones more so...
  • I like it.
  • edited January 2023
    What a fantastic selection, a modeller couldn't ask for more, (but we will).
    As Ken says "just getting better and better".
    Terrific work on the prints and their finish, these are going to make many of us very happy, (and busy).
  • Just fantastic. What a gift to modelers. Thanks Brett and the 3d team
  • Super work !!!