visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

not the sharpest Tool in the Shed

Comments

• Details really dress up the diorama. the coloration and weathering are first rate!
  • Wow...that looks great!
  • Nice Bryan, love the details and the poison ivy vine!
  • This is an outstanding little project. I like the vine growing up the walls and the way you did the moss on the roof.
  • that's some ighty fine modeling there sir.....
  • This shows how much modeling can go into such a small space. Extremely well done...Rick
  • Thanks guys.

Rick, I believe Ken put the entire Blue Sky in the same footprint I'm working with.

Someone call the cops! There's been a hit and run. Knocked down the crossing sign and sped off. They left a rusty fender and Pete and Repete found and posted the license plate for the Sheriff.
    IMG_0673
    IMG_0674
  • Those danged varmits... if there were space I'd say your dio needs some law and order...

Great scene.
  • Great story telling Bryan. Randy
  • Nice composition. Where did I see the vine before...? :). Love it !!
  • Bryan. Great story keep them coming.............
  • Nice little detail!
  • Bryan, you always come up with the coolest little add-in extras. I wish that was a skill I had. This little gem is at the top of my favorites list. Thanks so much for all the ideas.
  • edited December 2022
    Bryan...always a joy to follow your builds
    Terry
  • The diamond plate border is very cool and unusual.
  • Yup, sweet little detail.
  • Thanks guys. Emory, the little extras are what's most fun for me. Things that make me smile as I look around the diorama. If I can turn it into a joke, even better.

Nice catch Karl. I was waiting to see if anyone picked that up. I had some left over so I thought I'd give it a try. After all the groundwork is done I can give it a proper paint job.

I removed the crossing sign and replaced it with a painted version in the same scene. Peeling white with some moss color on the bottom. Also added a few flyers like someone had stapled them on before the mishap. I think I need to add an empty whiskey bottle also. Pics to come.
  • I've added the next layer of details and scenery. It's at a point now where I can use some closeup shots to find little things to fix like the grass hanging onto a shingle or dirt piled on top of a drum. I'll fix some of these items then on to the next/last layer. Once the last layer is on, I can paint the trim on the base and wire up the lights.

Carl, find the birdhouse!

IMG_0679
    IMG_0680
    IMG_0681
    IMG_0682
    IMG_0683
    IMG_0685
    IMG_0686
    IMG_0687
    IMG_0688
  • Bryan
    Picture # 8 left side under the eves.......
  • Incredibly well done. I love that vine.
  • Picture #6 behind the front wall on the roof.
  • Beautiful job Bryan. So much to see in a relatively small diorama...well done!
  • edited December 2022
    Fantastic! What a treat to see an older SWSM kit and the addition of the new 3D Printed details. Very cool to see your creative take on this.
  • So well done. Just the right amount of details so it all looks natural....Rick
  • Love those new oil bottles….and everything else! Perfect!
  • Absolutely marvelous !!!!!
  • Really like the weathering of your details. Very realistic.
  • You have done an amazing job with the weathering of the over all project.
  • Thanks guys. This project is winding down. I got it set on it's base yesterday and will finish up the wiring next. I set it next to O'Neills and the Tractor Repair Shed here for a size comparison.

I'll get some outdoor shots later today.
    IMG_0394
  • Here we are in the Upside Down....

Flipped it over to work on the wiring. Drill/cutting through this base material is a chore. You can see the cutout that was made into the black and white bases. The structure was mounted on 2 layers of Gatorboard with the cutout seen here made very early in the process to give enough room for this step. This cutout was transferred to the black material. And now here we are. Waiting on the epoxy to cure so I can wire/power it up.

IMG_0397
    IMG_0398