visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Sawmill Machinery In Stock - HO Scale Coming!

edited November 2022 in General News & Ramblings
With the conversion of the CHB Sawmill Machinery to 3D Printed parts complete, backorders have been and continue shipping like crazy. I actually have a couple extra sets as of this morning. Individual kits will be available very soon as well.

The HO Scale versions will also be available, but not until the first half of 2023.

If you have or will be receiving an O Scale Sawmill Machinery set, I wanted to let you all know I am putting together a package of the stripwood, brass wire, and nbw's necessary to complete the kits. Originally, CHB released these kits as casting only and I continued that tradition until now. I have the stripwood on order so I anticipate availability soon.

Between the new 3D Printed parts and the stripwood packages, I am so happy with how enjoyable these little gems will be to assemble. So let's see your machinery kits as you receive and complete them!

Comments

• IMG_2581 copy

This was the last part converted - the carriage knee guides. They're ready for post processing, having the supports removed, secondary curing, and sorting.
  • edited November 2022
    The demon inside me says I should order a new set of the sawmill machinery with the 3D upgrade.....but that will need to wait til after the holidays....lol
  • edited November 2022

The demon inside me says I should order a new set of the sawmill machinery with the 3D upgrade......

I'm right there with you Art, I can't wait to start putting these incredible kits together again.
    And in HO too !!!

I cant imagine the vast amount of work that went into converting these masterpieces over to the new 3DP technology. That picture shows the quality and accuracy we have come to expect from Brett/SWSM and we are never disappointed.

The availability of the new 'accessory' package including the wood, brass and NBWs make this a must have buy for a 'one stop' order.

Will the upcoming wood and 'accessory' package be available to buy separately for those of us who already have the machinery sitting on a shelf waiting to be built ??
    That would be awesome.
    Thanks for always pushing forward and improving our hobby.

• Are the "metal" parts of the machinery printed in 3D resin....that's what I'm really anxious to know.....or is it just some of the parts of the machines?
  • Karl said Will the upcoming wood and 'accessory' package be available to buy separately for those of us who already have the machinery sitting on a shelf waiting to be built ??
    That would be awesome.

Is this going to be a possibility???

Jerry
  • I keep saying to myself: Don't redo the sawmill...repeat...repeat.

Now this has me thinking shingle mill using the boiler house as the power plant.
  • Sooooo….because I’m going to be starting the sawmill sooner than later, I’ve been going over the past builds which used the cast white metal castings for the machinery. The metal castings buff up and finish very nicely as metal. My question is….will the 3D “metal” parts finish up to resemble old/worn steel as well as the old style metal castings????
    Terry
  • edited November 2022
    Thanks everyone for posting, truly appreciate it.

About 90% of the previous white metal castings are now supplied in my new 3D Printed tooling resin. This is a massive improvement. (Massive!)

The wood and brass wire accessory package will be available for anyone who has the sawmill machinery set. It will also include updated templates with ¼" scale drawings. Another way the set has been updated and improved to "modern" standards. Look for this after the first of the year. Just ordered the wood and am awaiting that shipment.

The set includes new instructions on painting and weathering the 3D Printed parts to simulate the buffed metal. Super easy. I am also working on a new video to support this.
  • that is excellent! i can't wait to see the video...
  • Brian...I have similar thoughts
  • Thanks Brett on the heads up on the accessory package.

Jerry
  • So just to clarify in my mind.....if I order a new machinery kit now...the wood, brass and templates will come with it?
  • Great news Brett!!! I don't plan on doing the sawmill at this time. But you never know. I am looking forward to you doing the machine shop. I would like to use the O scale machines in an S scale building. Just bigger machine tools. After a 24 inch lathe on O would be around 32-36 inch in S. Randy
  • So just to clarify in my mind.....if I order a new machinery kit now...the wood, brass and templates will come with it?

Yes, most definitely, all new orders going forward will include the wood, brass, and updated templates.
  • randyp said:

Great news Brett!!! I am looking forward to you doing the machine shop. I would like to use the O scale machines in an S scale building. Just bigger machine tools. After a 24 inch lathe on O would be around 32-36 inch in S. Randy

Excellent idea!