#308 SierraWest O scale Sawmill Project ..... Karl.A

123457»

Comments

• Very sage advice, Robert.

Cheers,

George
  • edited January 2022
    Thanks Brett and Randy,
    probably the best, most enjoyable 2+ years of my modelling, a great time.
    Randy, dont forget to make a couple of my corner braces too, now that you're almost ready for your wall assembly on the truck repair.

Great words Robert,
    also remember Jim there are a few smaller components that can be done separately before the main build.

Looking over at mine I see...
    The machinery obviously can be done at anytime, if you havent already.
    The sawdust bin is a great little model all on its own you can build.
    The log rollway can be built.
    And of course the many details can be done in small sections and put away ready to be installed.

Those are some smaller items to get you started before jumping into the main build.

Enjoy !!
  • Karl…if it’s not inappropriate I’d be interested in the ‘back story’ of how you Brett (and Kevin O) got hooked up/got to know each other
    Terry
  • Karl…if it’s not inappropriate I’d be interested in the ‘back story’ of how you Brett (and Kevin O) got hooked up/got to know each other
    Terry

i second that.

• this thread will be my guide post when i start this kit.
  • edited March 2022
    Thanks Kev, I hope this thread helps you out along your great journey with this amazing kit.

Remember though that my floor layout/outline shown here is slightly different to the final version that comes in the kit. We adjusted it and rebuilt it again a fourth time during development after this floor build, to get perfection for the actual kit. So, don't use my layout/placement as a reference.
    I think the final kit is an inch longer combined with a slight layout adjustment at the storage/office area if my memory serves me right.

At the time I decided I could 'adjust' this version and carry on with it for myself, while we finalized, rebuilt and adjusted the final version for the actual kit.

I guess I need to get back to this soon, it keeps calling out to me...

• Karl.A said:

Thanks Kev, I hope this thread helps you out along your great journey with this amazing kit.

Remember though that my floor layout/outline shown here is slightly different to the final version that comes in the kit. We adjusted it and rebuilt it again a fourth time during development after this floor build, to get perfection for the actual kit. So, don't use my layout/placement as a reference.
    I think the final kit is an inch longer combined with a slight layout adjustment at the storage/office area if my memory serves me right.

At the time I decided I could 'adjust' this version and carry on with it for myself, while we finalized, rebuilt and adjusted the final version for the actual kit.

I guess I need to get back to this soon, it keeps calling out to me...

i thinki can speak for everyone when i say we can't wait for that. i think i just heard it calling out to you..