visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New Detail Parts!

Comments

• edited June 2021
    My HO scale detail parts arrived last week - beautiful work. I can't wait to see what you offer next. I can't pick a favorite - they are all great.
  • admin said:

Pappy said:

I'm sure you have plans to 3D all the resin parts.

Absolutely NOT.

3D printing is another tool for me to utilize in the production of awesome castings. It has its limitations just like poured resin and spun metal. Being able to produce parts in all three mediums allows me greater flexibility in providing details.

That's why SWSM is at the top of the modeling world.

Never retreat forward, forward!!

Jerry

• Just ordered another batch of the HO version 3D parts. I have all now except for the wooden barrows. These parts are so detailed and the best.
    Great Job Brett and Emery!!
  • Thank you gentlemen, really appreciate it! So stoked about all the new 3D Parts. What has been shown thus far is just the beginning, the basics!
  • As if you didn't already have enough to do...and you may have thought of this already....how about a gas regulator and torch for the fantastic acetylene tanks.....and by the way...I did a clinic at the Narrow O Show in Harrisburg Pa. using the new detail parts...people went nuts over the detail on the tanks and extinguishers....I will put up a few pics once I figure out what I did with my camera....
  • Just received Brett's 3D Wooden barrels...very detailed like all the others.
    I believe I now have all of Brett's 3D parts for this round.

Keep them coming Brett!! and keep up the great work!!

Chris (Pappy)
  • Hey Pappy, just ordered a second round of HO details as well...killer stuff!
  • fire hydrants might be a cool detail to offer.....
  • Not sure if coffee mugs have been suggested by the heavy ceramic type coffee mugs to set on a desk or window sill would be a good addition
    Terry

Btw....one to one scale SWSM coffee mugs would be on my must buy list as well
  • mine too. like this one:
    mug
  • Exactly the style I was thinkin...both full size and to scale
  • i'd hate to get hit with the thing. it's a pretty stocky coffee mug.
  • I can only imagine how good a 3dp mug would look
  • Nice, Rusty....
    Terry
  • Have been looking into getting some mugs made from Deneen Pottery. Love their work.

Love the mug Craig, I can smell the coffee!
  • Funny Terry mentioning coffee cups... Emery decided we needed a coffee pot and mug. Here is a turn of the century ceramic coated tin set. Think black enamel with white splattering. Old school!

cup
  • Stop giving your age away!!

Jerry
  • Jerry said:

Stop giving your age away!!

Jerry

Hah! Still younger than you bro!
  • Old school well here is my Grandfathers Lunch pail from the early 1900 to 1910.
    Now here is what they did back then about fly's and bed bugs.
    I would like to see a table saw and a bandsaw also a joiner.

P1030711

P1030714

P1030724

P1030715

P1030722

P1030723

P1030721
  • Superb detail Brett...one to add to my collection. Just detailed a fair number of your printed details for Eureka Springs...clean up?...ZERO!
  • admin said:

Have been looking into getting some mugs made from Deneen Pottery. Love their work.

I really like that idea Brett !! Especially as the colder months are coming and we will need a SWSM vessel for a warm cup of whatever on the workbench ...
    Keep us posted ,
    --Paul
  • PaulS said:

admin said:

Have been looking into getting some mugs made from Deneen Pottery. Love their work.

I really like that idea Brett !! Especially as the colder months are coming and we will need a SWSM vessel for a warm cup of whatever on the workbench ...
    Keep us posted ,
    --Paul
    yeah
  • Great pictures Carl. An I vote for the table saw, bandsaw and joiner.

Jerry
  • Good job Brett.
  • I got some of the new S scale parts a few days ago. Like everyone has said the detail is fantastic. I will be scattering them around the layout.
    Brett I know you said you would not do an S scale kit. But how about a rigging shed with S scale 3D printed parts. With small O scale and large HO scale white metal and resin castings. Maybe just the detail parts and plans for the building. The modeler could even supply their own wood. Just a thought. Thanks\, Randy
  • Being as SW is a full time business, one man operation, all decisions on product development is based solely upon financial viability. The S Scale market small and those that would be interested in a craftsman kit is a small percentage of that! Your idea is a really good one and something to consider, thanks for your input.
  • I just received my relatively large order of Brett’s superb O scale 3D printed detail parts. I ordered 20 out of the 35 Brett has to offer. I had already received some parts with the O scale Foundry such as the air compressor for one. The detail on that is so well done, it almost looks like it could make a sound of one. I knew then that I’d be receiving a whole bunch of fantastic looking parts. I certainly wasn’t disappointed. I think I’ll be ordering some of the ones I didn’t order later on when I can finally get some dioramas built. I’m slowly but surely.
    Cheers
    David
  • So glad you received your order for the the 3D Printed Details - and you were happy with them, I appreciate the kind comments.
  • Brett, one thing that you could possibly add is broken bottles. When you think about it, there are lots of broken bottles around buildings particularly in something as the Truck Repair Shop.