visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

O'Neill's Finished Photos

2»

Comments

• Scott,
    the figures
    Great job, on everything. The scenery is great, as is the building and all the details.

Just checking on some of figures. Are some of them from Modelu? They look great and very natural.

Mike S.
  • Hi Bill,

Thanks for the kind words. The "2" was my baseball uniform number in college. It makes me feel better about being an old man!

• Hi Mike,

Yes. All the figures are from Modelu. I really struggled to find appropriate O scale figures, and wasn't totally satisfied with these. I'm amazed at the dearth of figures and period vehicles available in this scale.

Scott

• "The "2" was my baseball uniform number in college."

Ok. Makes sense
    However, check this out. Out of nowhere I got a message from a new forum member...somebody calling himself 'smason1'. It says:
    "You guys ain't gonna fall for this are you?? If that fella is the REAL Scott Mason...you ask him to explain THIS!!! Whadda ya say #2????"

sm1

sm2

(sorry bro, I'm just passing on the info!)
  • The stack is straight...it’s just the rest of the diorama is crooked! Lol
  • We only pick on those we like...hehe
  • so true Ken...
  • Bill said:

"The "2" was my baseball uniform number in college."

Ok. Makes sense
    However, check this out. Out of nowhere I got a message from a new forum member...somebody calling himself 'smason1'. It says:
    "You guys ain't gonna fall for this are you?? If that fella is the REAL Scott Mason...you ask him to explain THIS!!! Whadda ya say #2????"

sm1

sm2

(sorry bro, I'm just passing on the info!)

Oh yeah...it's crooked. One of things on my much list. I also haven't braced it yet. :(
  • oops...I meant to say punch list.
  • Scott,

I have bought some figures from them too. I will be buying more too. I really like the poses they have, none with their arms waving or running.

I bought a few S scale ones and the detail really didn't look as good in that scale.

I will be anxious to see some 3D figures printed with resin.

Mike S.
  • Well "Old Man" you still got it!! Exceptional job my friend.

Jerry
  • Jerry said:

Well "Old Man" you still got it!! Exceptional job my friend.

Jerry

Thank you my friend.
  • This is turning into a CSS reunion! I miss that old Mansfield Holiday Inn. We had some mighty good times there. I know I am hijacking Scotts thread but I will delete the reminiscing later...
  • edited January 2021
    I told you not to start drinking. See what happens things come out crooked!!

Yeah Brett those were the days!! God were they fun or what!! You should see the place now they remolded the whole thing.

Jerry
  • admin said:

This is turning into a CSS reunion! I miss that old Mansfield Holiday Inn. We had some mighty good times there. I know I am hijacking Scotts thread but I will delete the reminiscing later...

No need to delete. Those were great times with some of the greatest artists I've ever known.
  • Scott-
    Glad to see you posting here. I have several Scotty Mason DVD’s, but the Brian Nolan one...damn. Chokes me up especially those scenes at the end. Glad you were able to capture the man in action.
  • That CSS show was the first place I met a lot of you...including Brett.....a lot of good conversation and a few beers in that bar. Had breakfast one morning with Brian.....we talked trains....and fire....
  • Bill said:

Scott-
    Glad to see you posting here. I have several Scotty Mason DVD’s, but the Brian Nolan one...damn. Chokes me up especially those scenes at the end. Glad you were able to capture the man in action.

Hi Bill,

I wasn't able to watch that DVD until recently, and basically cried all the way through it. Brian was an amazing talent, but more importantly, an amazing friend to all that knew him.

Scott
  • Great work Scott. I love the variations in colour. The bushes are a bit overgrown but I really like the effect.
  • Just catching up on some older threads. This is just beautiful.

George
  • Scott, great job and love the background scenery to enhance the diorama!