visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

O'Neill's Finished Photos

Hi Folks,

For the most part, O'Neill's is done. I'll be posting photos as soon as I can figure out how to resize them. The tutorial only covers a program for the PC...doesn't help me much with a Mac. Hopefully I'll have them up soon.

Scott

Comments

• Looks good Scott. I haven't forgotten just was busy! Will talk soon.

Jerry
  • I am very excited to see what you have done here...
    make sure they are .jpg
    call me if you need a little assistance
  • Still trying to figure this out...stand by.
  • Scott,

Take Brett up on his offer and [lace a phone call to him. We are chomping at the bit to see your results.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Brett, I'll give you a call tomorrow. I think I'm stumped.
  • Stop teasing us Scott! All right that's it...I'm not looking!...yes I am!...
  • That sure turned out nice.
  • edited January 2021
    Really like how you varied the wood coloring. Great craftsmanship.
  • Now you're talking!...wonderful job. Pictures are terrific...OK...so I'm a wood guy...your picture, 4th from the bottom, the siding finish on the main building behind the oil tank struck me as just awesome! Love the color variation and weathering...nicely done...Ken
  • Scott, just fantastic! Really love what you did with this kit. Scott and I have known each other forever and he was a good friend of Kevin O'Neill. Kevin would be really proud!
  • Thanks for the kind words, guys. I noticed a few things that need to be fixed and/or completed that I'll get to soon.
  • Thanks Brett. That's a huge compliment coming from you. I also think Kevin would be honored to have his name on your kit. It is a wonderful design, and a true testament to your artistry.
  • Beautiful work. The variance on the wood is fantastic. Overall very worthy of all the accolades........Rick
  • Scott, what a very nice build. I love the way you fit the buildings into your scene. As mentioned, the wood variations really add to the build. You should be very proud of this build. Congratulations on a job well done. Phil
  • I can only agree with all the comments above, great work !!!
  • Incredible!
  • Scott, beautiful job. I hope mine turns out as nice.
  • edited January 2021
    Killer execution, Scott. Pic #2 is my favorite, as it shows the variation you got on the wood tones. (that 6-drum oil rack is cool, too!) I'll second what Ken said about the vertical siding on the structure behind the tank: the balance you got with just a couple dark boards among the mostly faded white-washed planks is spot on.

Ok...now onto a couple more pressing questions: How come there's a "2" after your screen name? (and should we keep our eyes open for some imposter who goes by "smason1"?)
    I figure there's gotta be a story there somewhere.