visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Loco and Service Shops

Comments

• Cool little loco! Is it powered? Standard or narrow gauge? My narrow gauge one http://jim.wanlass.com/mr/jt/locos/steam/climax/index.html is powered but where my loco shop is going is standard gauge. Are you using link and pin couplers?
  • things are starting to break so time to consider it doneimageimage
  • ET like Paul's work I follow you on RR-Line. Just always good to see your work. Your attention to detail and coloring is perfect.

Jerry
  • Thanks Jerry - and the others who visit - always like to hear you enjoy my work - I often wonder if I missed the boat when no one says anything
  • ET I never thought of it that way before. I would visit and enjoy the pics and take away some valuable tips and advice but rarely comment. From now on I'll make an effort to comment more often.
    Fantastic work by the way.
    cheers
    Dave
  • Have no fear there are many silent watchers...kinda creepy when you think about it.
    Joel
  • Hacksaw looks great E. A delicate model with great detail!
  • ET never fear we are always watching. Maybe not saying it all the time but picking up tips as you go along.

Jerry
  • Thanks for all the support - I appreciate it. One of the more daunting tasks I have is incorporating the new sections to the total diorama - the shop fits like a glove thanks to early planing by Brett - he had it all mapped out back in Main Street instructions - all I have to do is finish the track and add one to the service area - a couple of shots of where I am.imageimageimage
  • Beautiful Elliott. I take it the roof will be removable so we can see all the wonderful detail inside?
  • Wes - part of the roof is perm and the center portion comes off -

Worked on the rails - removed all the ground cover around the loco footprint and fitted the rails - took a shot of itimage
  • rail is downimage
  • Nice fit. It looks great in that location
  • Elliot the building looks great sitting in its locale on the big diorama. I love the long internal type shots too, although I'm worried about the size of the workmen judging by the big coats hanging by the back door.
    cheers
    Dave
  • although I'm worried about the size of the workmen judging by the big coats hanging by the back door.
    cheers
    Dave
    Ha ha....

Nice shot Elliot !!

Karl.A

• Thanks for the comments - been a while but I am now done with the rafters and also a couple of shots of the thing on the base with some weatheringimageimageimage
  • Sure looks good sitting there. I like the big door right up front where you can look in easily to see what's going on inside.
  • Looks great! Was the white peeling paint your artistic choice or did Bret intend or was it your own spin. I thought I remembered the prototype not being paired. Have mine on order along with the donkey repair facility. Can't wait.
  • Love the rusty metal look, you nailed it.
  • I was commenting on a picture of the windows.
  • Great to have you participating here in the forums Mark.

The white peeling paint technique was developed specifically for this kit and Brett's manual explicitly explains the method for reproduction by the modeler. Elliot followed Brett's directions.

I'm unsure what you mean when you say "the prototype being paired" could you elaborate so that your question can be answered swiftly.

Karl.A
  • Absolutely stunning! Elliot, I keep looking at your diorama with the new addition. Your builds are really inspiring. I want to let you know your pictures on the website and railroad-line forums are a huge help in putting together this diorama with its many elements. Thank you for the pictures and the amout of work you put into posting your builds! I realize this is a huge amount of work. I can't wait to see more. Keep it coming.
    Jim
  • always a pleasure to post pics and such with such a pleasant reception - thanks to you all - just a small update - the first roof section - still have lots to do to it but thought I should at least bring you up-to-dateimage
  • Nice work Elliot. Love the staining colour you have achieved.
  • love the roof, coming along really well.
  • Thanks for the comments - appreciated them.

I have been slogging along adding boards on to the roof - it is time-consuming as there has to be a small space between each one and in the end you need to have all the space filled with full sized boards - here are two of the three panels _ I will display the other side when the fourth roof is done.image
  • ET great looking roof. And a nice coloring job.

Jerry
  • looking fantastic Elliot, especially surrounded by the rest of the award winning diorama.

A little time spent is paying dividends in the result, unbeatable.

Karl.A
  • Thanks for the great comments - here is the last of the roof panels - I ran out of corrugated panels and have yet to do the roof openings so I will rummage around for some old ones to use. Also a small head's up - regarding the purlins - the instructions call for you to remove all the pieces left in bag #5 - then separate them retaining the 9 1/2" ones. You should also set aside the 7" ones even though the instructions wait until later to do so - that way you don't cut them accidently- then further notice that three of the long ones are thinner - they go on the side roof - the instructions misstate they are the thicker ones - no big deal - the rest of the bag ought to be the roof boards and battens imageimage
  • The roof is looking great - getting close to the detailing and scenery phase! Thanks for catching the wood size error in my manual. Corrected for future kits. Note the roof openings E is referencing in his wooden roof were not part of my original kit so corrugated is not supplied for that. E is taking a bit of artistic liberty there and it should look great. If you want some extra corrugated just let me know.