visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Share your tips, tricks & tools

2»

Comments

• Yes Pg 33 Catalog 167.
  • Carl, thanks those are good prices!!

Geezerbill
  • This is a cool little tool that is great for making knot holes. Its from a set of bead making tools I picked up from Michaels for five bucks.IMG_5643
  • My mitre box and Japanese razor saw. My #1 go to for cutting large stock cleanly and straight.
  • Hey Leonard, that's a very nice sturdy looking awl. I use the same type of thing for various knot hole work and many other uses, it's indispensable on my bench. Can't beat a good razor saw and I use it mainly for cutting aluminum tubing and larger wood.
  • Why am I not loading a picture?
  • engine909 said:

Hello nemmrrc, That sounds a little fishy to me....ed

i envisioned his workbench surrounded by a pack of feral cats.....

• edited March 2020
    Anybody wear disposable contacts?
    A year or two ago, my son started wearing them. It occurred to me that those little containers each lens comes in might be pretty handy at the work bench. They're perfect holders for tiny amounts of glue, epoxy, CA, chalk powder, alcohol, paint...you name it!

contacts6

contacts4

contacts5

He's been crankin 'em out 2 trays per day and, they're FREE! That's better than Amazon Prime!

• Can't beat the price, but no one in my household wears them. We are old school with glasses, but great idea.
  • somewhere on this forum someone explained how to utilize old #11 blades by inserting them into a piece of tubing and making a scratching tool out of it, and i have a bunch of used #11 blades and would like to make this tool but i can't find it. does anyone know where i can locate that thread?