visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New to the Hobby

HI guys,

My name is Scott and I like trains. I'm glad to be a part of this group and look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Comments

• I am so incredibly pleased to welcome you to this wonderful hobby!

OH STOP IT...

For those who don't know Scott - he is the very definition of an "old timer". Don't let him try to fool you, he is quite the jokester you know.

Regardless it is awesome to have you here. You are such a dear friend and I have missed you!
  • get a room......
  • Thanks Brett. I’m glad to be here.
  • kebmo said:

get a room......

Oh Boy here we go good one Kevin.
  • Scott who???
  • i think it's the famous scotty mason....
  • Welcome aboard Scott. Your intro sounded like a 12 step confessional.

Bryan
  • So, just looking around, I can't help but be a little intimidated by who I see on this forum. How much is Brett paying you guys? I'm about to start an O-Scale O'Neill's build thread, but I don't think my work can pass muster compared to you guys. Anyway, stay tuned. I'm really looking forward to digging into this kit.
  • Scott....you’ll find no judgement here...a great place for all levels of modeler experience to hangout...
    Welcome aboard
    Terry
  • Scott Mason of Craftsman Kit Tutorial Video fame? (I gotta couple of 'em)
  • so now we can all go to school again.
    nice....
  • Welcome amongst us.
  • Welcome to the motley crew of SierraWest groupies Scott...Ken
  • So your moving up to the big stuff. Good choice.

I guess your eye sight is going the same as your h.

I better stop there...

Your buddy in Jersey
  • Jerry, I can't see anything anymore so how bad can the modeling be?
  • Scott - welcome aboard. Happy to have modelers of all levels. We can all learn form other peoples techniques. Looking forward to seeing your builds
  • Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've begun distressing and staining stripwood, and will start a thread and post photos when I have something worth showing.
  • Everything is worth showing. Better than NOT showing at all !!! :wink:
  • smason2 said:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've begun distressing and staining stripwood, and will start a thread and post photos when I have something worth showing.

Well have we distressed enough wood and stained enough pieces yet????

Jerry

• I'm old and slow, and there's a pantload of wood in this kit. I'm getting there. Hold your horses.
  • I know your old and slow but for God's sake step it up man!!

And I don't own any horses!!

Jerry
  • Look under the hood of your Huppmobile. You'll find some horses.
  • smason2 said:

HI guys,

My name is Scott and I like trains. I'm glad to be a part of this group and look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

So are you going to share or what?? Even in the "Witness Protection Plan" they let you model!!

Jerry

• Tough crowd. I expect better than this from my friends. Actually, no I don't. I'll be posting pictures towards the end of next week. I'm going away for a few days to enjoy the snow and freezing cold of Vermont.
  • edited February 2020
    smason2 said:

Tough crowd. I expect better than this from my friends. Actually, no I don't. I'll be posting pictures towards the end of next week. I'm going away for a few days to enjoy the snow and freezing cold of Vermont.

I guess that's an excuse... Being its so warm in Ma. right now!!

Did I tell you I like you?

Jerry

• Since when? I knew Ed was me friend, but you too?
  • I know it hurts to admit it but yeah I'm your friend!
  • You know Ed if Scotty posts pictures of his build. It's going to force you to show something of yours...
    Just saying!

Jerry
  • You'll have to be patient just a little longer. I'm up in Vermont watching the rest of the family ski.
  • You'll have to be patient just a little longer. I'm up in Vermont watching the rest of the family ski.