18910111214»

Comments

• Excellent modeling Joel!!

Jerry
  • Very nice, outstanding actually
    Terry
  • Beautiful modeling.

Frank
  • Thanks for taking all of the time to show us your amazing model you built. I have enjoyed following along and have learned some new things too.

Mike S.
  • Joel,

Masterfully done! Great accomplishment. A tutorial build to be proud of for sure. You have even "WOW-ed" Brett and I suspect that isn't easy to do. You created a really nice looking diorama to look at and investigate while zooming in on the detail (and there are plenty of details to investigate).
    Glad to see that you were able to incorporate both trucks into the diorama at this point.
    http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/282/747B2OIO3PTM.jpg

If and when time allows perhaps you could add some close up truck photos (isolated from this build scene and each other) on Eric's "Exact 1/48th Scale Trucks and Other Vehicles" page.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Joel, this is one amazing build you just finished. Beautifully detailed and the two trucks were a super idea. Brett made a perfect choice by asking you to collaborate with the Oscale foundry.
    Thanks for sharing your skills.
  • After ten more views, .....the corrugated roof is super realistic. So well done. ( not only the corrugated, everything is top notch.)
  • That is sweeeeet!
  • Great job Joel! Love the use and placement of all the details. They look very natural and logical.
  • Joel, your build is just unbelievable! Just such a joy to look at the photos and read the complete text of the build. Thank you so much for sharing your talents! I also think the backdrop you used in these last photos works so nicely with the build. I will send you a pm that I hope you can answer when time allows. Wonderful, wonderful build.

Geezerbill
  • Well Gentlemen thank you for the lovely comments. I really like sharing all these different approaches and hopefully some of you will try them and others may even build on the techniques and post the result on the forum so we can all improve.looking forward to diving into the Morton's kit. Hopefully it will arrive in the next few months. Brett has so many irons in the fire I have no issues with waiting a bit longer as I'd rather he takes the time and does it up to the nines. Never been disappointed yet.
  • Did Brett announce that he is doing Morton's in O scale? If so, I missed that.
  • hey everyone. like i did with ken's wood tutorial, i have condensed this thread into JUST joel's posts. it's a three part pdf if any one would like them, send me a pm. i did this because once i finally close out railroad camp, this one is next.
  • Really great work Joel! Fantastic!
  • Everybody has said it all Joel
    But I will. say it again,Just fantastic. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!

• Nice work Joel!!

Alan
  • This is a six-months-down-the-road post, but having just finished my Truck Repair, I want to say thanks to Joel for the great thread and inspiration.
    I have, on occasion, aged, knotted, and chalked weathered a rather well done wall only to discover that it would be covered forever by a casting or sign - !@#$%^. My magnificent wife says, ‘well, you’ll know it’s there.’ True, and I appreciate that. But unless Joel removes the roof, no one will know about the cord and outlet for the grinder. Thing is, now I know. I forget things, but I cannot un-know them, and whenever anyone praises my TR (not too likely), I shall always tell them, ‘ you cannot imagine what a real master can do.’
  • i wish there was a like button on this forum. well said tom.
  • We have many new members and I wanted to bump this thread so they might enjoy it. I am going to try and bump a great thread up every so often...
  • Wow again Joel!
  • I am late but... amazing work! Currently building the same kit, I have a lot to learn from this example...
  • admin said:

EricMG said:

We should create a 1/48th truck thread. Are you in? We all need trucks and could get ideas from each other. I tried a small 1/43 truck but it really doesn't cut it. Brett, you good with this?

Sounds good to me...

Awesome idea.

• edited September 2023
    I was looking for something in one of Joels threads and came across this one build while I was looking.
    Such a beautiful model from a great modeller....

So, I decided to bump the thread up while I was enjoying Joels work, incase anybody missed it.

Unfortunately as Bono once said, "I still, didn't find, what I'm looking for..."

But, I did have much enjoyment looking at Joels great work.
  • Karl thanks for bumping up Joel's build again. It is a joy to see and reread.
    Later, Dave S, Tucson, AZ