visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Official O Scale Truck Repair Build Thread

Comments

• Lovely scenes Joel. So well done.
  • Wonderful Joel. The lighting and figures bring so much added detail and warmth to the scene!
  • A stellar build Joel. Above and beyond as we have come to expect from your work!
  • Nice day so I took some pictures before I add the truck.rsz_img_5213
    rsz_img_5220
    rsz_img_5214
    rsz_img_5217
    rsz_img_5221
  • Beautiful work Joel!!

Jerry
  • Love photos taken in natural sunlight. There is nothing better. Beautiful model all around.
  • perfection. makes me want to slide my kit under the bed and leave it there....
  • Splendid modeling...love the gas pump and particularly the nicely done concrete pad it's sitting on. Once again, the roof panels are just spot on and love the variation of rust and weathering patterns.
  • What can I say Joel, just amazing. I to like the weathering on the roof. It is not over done. I like the gate with the wire mesh.
  • sorry pops....
  • The open air photos reveil the beauty of your build. Inspiring for all of us. Thanks for sharing. Bravo Joel..
  • Total six thumbs up!
  • Awesome detailing. Love the texture and color of the walls. Really shows up well under natural light.
  • Here is option #1 for the truckrsz_img_5241
  • Joel,

Super cool. But then I am a sucker for trucks and these 1/48th scale truck kits offered by Berkshire Valley Models are awesome.
    Can't wait to see it in the context of the Truck Repair Shop. Should fit in perfectly.

later, Dave Sarther Tucson, AZ
  • Use it Joel looks like it belongs.
  • Thanks everyone. How about this one Dave? Not a bad choice either.rsz_img_5239
    rsz_img_5240
  • Joel,

Another great looking Berkshire Valley Models truck. Theses two trucks will certainly make the scene come alive and give a reason for the Truck Repair Shop's existence. Maybe you can somehow work both of them into the diorama. Have the tow truck pulling/pushing the maintenance truck into the shop for repairs. I am sure you can come up with something clever to take advantage of both of these great looking models.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • We should create a 1/48th truck thread. Are you in? We all need trucks and could get ideas from each other. I tried a small 1/43 truck but it really doesn't cut it. Brett, you good with this?
  • I am sure you can do so in the miscellaneous 'departement ' . I am interested . I am building the logging truck from BVM now. The service truck is next. They will look super on the diorama you've build Joel. As a matter of fact, they look super allready...
  • EricMG said:

We should create a 1/48th truck thread. Are you in? We all need trucks and could get ideas from each other. I tried a small 1/43 truck but it really doesn't cut it. Brett, you good with this?

Sounds good to me...

• Outstanding Joel!
  • Either truck would look right at home
  • Joel exceptional modeling. But you need to finish this up!
    You have a big project coming up can't wait until you get started!!

Jerry
  • no pressure.... :)
  • I'm really excited about starting on the new project and hopefully my slow steady pace will match the release of each of the various parts. As for this build I'm pretty much done. I placed both trucks but neither is fastened to the scenery as I want to see how the whole diorama works when I place the other two larger buildings. For now though here it is:rsz_img_5279
    rsz_img_5285
    rsz_1img_5282
    rsz_img_5281
    rsz_img_5283
    rsz_img_5284
    rsz_img_5286
    rsz_img_5287
    rsz_img_5289
  • fantastic!
  • Absolutely stellar modeling Joel. Only fault I can see is it's not in front of me to admire. You certainly kicked this one in high gear my friend.
  • edited September 2019
    Joel. I do not think that it can get much better than that outstanding job my friend..Carl.......