visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Greetings from Everett, WA

I'm a new member of the forum from Everett, WA USA, where I live with my lovely wife. I'm a software engineer. I've been modeling since I was about 8 years old. I remember back then that I always wanted that famous craftsman kit advertised around Christmas every year in Model Railroad Craftsman magazine, but my parents never had enough for the $36.95 or higher price tag. So, I tried copying the kit with cardboard and wood, but I never came close. Later as I grew up, I got much better at it and have since put together many a craftsman kits. I even created my own for a while:

final_daytime

I have quite a collection of unbuilt Sierra West kits that I hope to get to eventually. Here are some photos of my work on Brett's fantastic logging cars from a number of years back. I posted photos of these after I finished them and someone contacted me and purchased the lot of them.

I'm glad to be a part of your forum and I hope I can contribute something to the discussions. Thanks!

AllCars1

BlacksmithCar2

Caboose1

GravelCar2

log4

sandcar4

watercar5

workcar2

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Welcome to the Forum...my Favorite Car is the Water Car. Nice work on the Rust...

Alan
  • Welcome to the forum, the blacksmiths car will always be a favorite of mine, you did a wonderful job on all of yours.
    We look forward to your participation in all of the build threads and hopefully some of your own.

Karl.A
  • Welcome Chris! Great to have you here. Love the Backwoods Log Train pics.
  • I love that model. Nicely done.
  • Chris.... thanks for posting the pics... I never get tired of seeing the SW rolling stock combination.... cheers mate
  • Greetings, it's obvious you are a craftsman. Welcome!
  • Hi Chris.

I'm in Spokane, so maybe sometime we can connect in person. I recently acquired the Work Train and seeing your photos is inspiring. Great Job!!!

Welcome, I look forward to seeing your work in the future.

Mark
  • Nice seeing you here Chris and nice work on the cars.