visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Help Locating a Source

edited March 2017 in Scenery
I need help finding a source I saw once - it was a gentleman from Oregon (I think) who sold various forest floor scenery materials. Various grades and types. Just can't remember his name.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hey Brett I don't know if this helps this guy is in NY. www.thescenicfactory.com

Jerry
  • thanks Jerry, I'll check it out!
  • The Driftwood scenery Co. I can not find the sales slip but they have great items.
    Carl
  • Thanks Carl - not sure he was the guy I'm thinking of, hope not since they are gone! bummer...
  • engine909 said:

I'm sure you are hip to the Adirondack Dark Blend from Scenic Express.

sounds like a pipe baccy name! I'll check it out.

I'm thinking of some guy who used to go into the woods and collect various barks etc... and grind and mix and sell... He had a peculiar name...

I had an awesome collection of various barks and such collected and given to me over the years that I would grind up and use - but since my move a few years ago I can't find it... Guess it got thrown or left. Really bummed about that!
  • Are you thinking of Pete Vassler from Canyon Creek Scenics? He's known for his trees, but he sells other stuff: logs, stumps, and forest debris.
    http://canyoncreekscenics.com
  • Pete's stuff is wonderful for sure but not him... It may have been the driftwood company but I recall it was a name like "Doctor Driftwood" or something.

Thanks for all the great input!!!
    engine909 said:

Maybe you smoked it!

Uhmmmm, I can't remember????

• There was a company in Wyoming - Sweetwater Scenery. Great stuff but their website is down so I think they are closed. Used to get all my Sagebrush and ground cover from them.
  • Thanks Joel, not sweetwater. I used their products for many years then the owner passed away and his wife and daughter took over. This was many years ago.
  • /\ /\ I was gonna say the EXACT same thing!
  • edited March 2017
    No! Lol
    I read it a couple times and still wasn't following. Just me being goofy!
  • Ed Stop eating the Pretzels there is something in them. Carl
  • edited March 2017
    Brett, this fellow has great trees, tree kits and other forest floor products.
    http://www.coastmans.com/
    His tree branch material is great. Might be him???

Missed this thread while I was laid up.

Geezerbill