visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Scotia Supply

Mostly finished with Scotia Supply. Some interior details. Added led lighting. Real glass windows.1609_Scotia_Supply__001

Comments

• Looks great Jerry. I've always really liked this kit.

-Steve
  • Nice build Jerry...a classic kit. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Alan
  • Love it! Well done. A real treat so see a Scotia built so well.
  • Brett. Thanks for sending me a new chimney. Still have not found the original.
  • Blast from the past!...love seeing this kit handled so well. Nicely done Jerry, and you've been holding out on us. Would have enjoyed seeing the progress as you worked through this one.
  • I started this kit back in the 90's. But with my wife's injuries it got set aside. I have only done a few things. But I have more time now so I decided to finish the kit. And start really working on the railroad again. I had painted the walls, doors and windows. Except for one door which I damaged and Brett replaced. Trying to match that door over 15 years since I had done the others was interesting. Fortunately I still had the paints I used on the other doors. This is only the fifth kit like this I have built. Most of my others are plastic kits. Though I prefer the wood kits. I just wish I was half as good as you Ken. I do have some photos of the build. I will post them after I get back from London.
  • Nice build and presentation...it really looks alive. Roofs, porch, and stonework all look great.

One thing is detracting my eye. It's the straight black paint on the chimneys, and boxes. Toning this down slightly will make these items blend into your scene.
  • brownbr said:

I will fix that. Thanks for the suggestion.

One thing is detracting my eye. It's the straight black paint on the chimneys, and boxes. Toning this down slightly will make these items blend into your scene.

• While building this I painted and weathered the chimney a couple of weeks ago. And lost the chimney. I cannot find it anywhere. Even emptied out the vacuum cleaner and trash can in case in ended up there. How it can disappear from my workbench I don't understand. Brett sent me out a new chimney so I did not have to scratchbuild a replacement.
  • Nice work. I have this kit and I am looking forward to building it. Brownbr definitely has a point. Step back and see if anything is standing out and if so, just tone it down with some chalk. I probably use too much, but I like to achieve a homogenous look. Phil
  • Well done, love the color tone.