visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#104 - Machine Shop

Here are my final Build Pictures for the Machine Shop.
The build thread can be found here: http://www.sierrawestscalemodels.com/vanforum/discussion/647/sierrawest-machine-shop-build/p1

Comments

• Simply fantastic... I need to spend some time with this set of pics. Everything is so incredibly well modeled but what really stands out to me is the beautiful texture and weathering on the wood walls. Then combine that with the texture of the dirt... Simply fantastic Alan. Hall of Fame.
  • Alan,

This is really great. I like your scenery and its ingenuity with the model. Very original

Steve
  • Really, really outstanding. Great rocks, retaining walls, super coloring and texture of wood and details and of course there are lights.
    I'm more and more intimidated as I see the output of the modelers on this forum. I'm trying to screw up enough courage to post my feeble attempts on my latest build.

David U
  • edited March 2016
    Fantastic Alan, such a beautifully done diorama. It gives the viewer a whole 'feeling'...

The scenic elements are just superb, and those structure walls and details are perfectly done. Everything is 'one' and fits together seamlessly,
    Really great work.

Karl.A
  • Thanks for the kind words Brett and Karl.

Alan
  • edited March 2016
    Home run Alan! You nailed the "rustic" run-down feel in your structures and and your stone work on the scenery is outstanding!

Bonus points for nice lighting and photography, too! For me, that last picture says it all (a storm looming off to the right and the right side of the building is in shadow--not sure if you planned that or what, but I love that view).
  • Lol...thanks Bill. Yeah, I saw that dark cloud too...not sure how it got there...

Alan

• You really nailed it. Great job.
  • What everyone else said. Plus that is one "AWESOME" diorama. Hall of Fame for sure like Brett said.

Jerry
  • Alan,
    AWESOME JOB! I love the scenery and the structure. Everything is a home run!
    Jim
  • Wow!!! You creativity beyond the kit is simply outstanding. The look and feel of the diorama is very believable. I will definitely use this as a model and guide and I venture forward with new builds. Phil
  • Hey guys, thanks for the nice comments. Yeah, I appreciate Brett giving it the Hall of Fame status...

Alan
  • Excellent, Excellent !!!! Everything blends in , a fine piece . Good job.

Richard
  • Great job Alan. After this many posts its tough to come up with a new superlative. Let's just say it's modeling at the highest level. Not a bad kit design either.
  • SUPERB !!!!!!
  • Thanks Richard, John and Mike...and yes Mike, the kit design by Brett is a classic with that unique front stone wall.

Alan
  • Beautiful work Alan. The pictures are crazy good! You did this kit honors that's for sure. Your vertical work is amazing. You'll have to give me some pointers on this area at the EXPO. Well played...Ken
  • Thanks Kenny...cant wait to see your final photos...are we going to see them before the Expo?

Alan
  • absolutely beautiful, it all looks so natural. If I didn't know I would not have thought this was a model.
    cheers
    Dave
  • Thanks Dave!

Alan
  • Alan, nope. Not going to make the final pics before the Expo. Punch list is too long!

Ken