visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Another work train.

Comments

• Beautiful work!!

Jerry
  • Ok found a few

P1000151

Back later.
  • wow, cars look great. any chance we could see an overall picture of the layout?
  • The pictures will not load anyone else having this issue? ...............Carl..........
  • Must be all the snow up there giving you trouble??

Jerry
  • I will try again.

P1000150

P1000162

P1000153

P1000160

P1000165

P1000161

P1000158

That is all for now only two to go. ..........Carl..........
  • Looks great carl. Love the character of these little gems. Beautifully finished.
  • Looks right at home on your layout.
  • Looking great Carl, the aging and weathering is nicely done, all the way down to the trucks.

Karl.A
  • Thank's everyone for the kind words two more to go and after that I will tell how I did the build. ......Carl........
  • Boy Carl you're killing this thing!...wonderful work.
  • Thank You Mr. Karns
  • caboose looks wonderful. the entire train does. awesome modeling carl.
  • Well here is the Blacksmith car. .............Carl.........
    P1000176

P1000173

P1000172

P1000175

P1000183

P1000185

P1000187

P1000186

One more to go and it is getting longer.
  • I second that! Blacksmith car is excellent...
  • Beautiful!!

Jerry
  • Thank's for the reply their Boss. Ed and Jerry you are quite welcome.
  • I'll 3rd it , great looking model
  • Blacksmith car looks well used.
  • Fantastic series Carl. Quite impressive with them all lined up, I'll bet you'll be sorry to see it go!
  • Thank's Guy's yes Bryan It is well used.
    Ken it is like Allen said eleven small kit's Jerry is sending me the paint for the box car so could be by the weekend I may finish. What next? ........Carl..........
  • you rock carl!
  • Thank You There Young Man.
  • No Ed just cart wheels.
  • Carl,
    These builds are... EXCELLENT !! I will have to come back for lessons when I build mine.

Rich
  • The paint is out for delivery so you should be painting by night fall!!

Jerry
  • Thank's Rich. Ed I do them on the interstate!
  • Hi Everyone. The work train is finished so here are the last picture's of this build.
    After I post the pictures I will tell what changes I made while building the kit......Carl........

P1000241

P1000243

P1000233

P1000224

P1000237

This one is for Bryan.
    P1000244

P1000241

One thing that I did was to drill all of the holes first and there are a lot of them this way you are not rubbing the weathering off or breaking something.

The decals for me was a learning curve but I scored the decal as close to the lettering as I could then cut it out outside of the scoring and that small pice that you just scored will slide off so you can pick up the decal where that small pice was. I laid them on my glass and wet it with a few drops of water the same on the car use water where it will go, Then take your napkin and blot it.

The boxes for the couplers are small so you will have to cut the gear box cover to fit.

Have a great time. ...........Carl...........

P1000247
  • Carl as usual you didn't disappoint! A beautiful job.

Jerry
  • The loco looks perfect for the train...as do the passengers on the roof of the boxcar.