visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO Line Side Storage Shed

Here are some photos of one of the two first Sierra West kits which were built concurrently. The board on board construction and use of chalk and RA were both novel techniques. Any comments will be happily received.

Jim
20181011_083617
20181011_083634
20181011_083730
20181011_083937

Comments

• Jim,

Great looking little structure and diorama. The Line Side Storage Shed is one of my favorite little structures. You captured the overall feel of a track side structure quite well. I especially like your tar paper roofs and the overall coloring. Looks like it has been around for a while but still being maintained,

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Well done Jim, a wonderful build and intro to SierraWest Scale Models. Great little diorama with the scenic work appearing most excellent.
  • Nice work, Jim
  • Very nice work. Phil
  • Excellent Jim! What a great diorama you created there.
  • Thank you all for the positive comments.
    Jim
  • Very nice, Jim

Terry
  • Indeed, very well done. Just try to get the photos a little bit sharper. Perhaps choose the macro button , F8 and timer. Should work. That's how I do mine. And if possible, take them outside in daylight. Anyway, nice very diorama. :wink:
  • Thanks for the suggestions about pics. I am using my phone for now. Do have a decent Cannon that I should use.
  • Key to sharpness, no matter the camera, is solid support
  • Jim,

Canon makes fine cameras. When used with a tripod (as suggested by George) you will be able to get many incredible photos. Learning how to coordinate F stops with lens speeds and apertures is essential to get great depth of field (sharp focus from front edge to rear edge). But I believe that Canon has helped the photographer in vastly improved ways over my old Canon FTB so you will be able to get superior photos with most of that figured out for you.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Sounds like a great idea. I have a tripod and will use it to take additional pictures of Duluth Company as building proceeds. At the beginng the auto settings will be used...hope that will work.
    This input, George and Dave, is most helpful.
  • Nice build and diorama. It should look right at home if you decide to place it in your layout.

Something that many of us struggle with is making the tarpaper roofing lay naturally on the roof. If you were to work on 1 thing for your next build this might be the thing. RobertG is a master at this and he provided me some great tips to improve my tarpaper roof. He has a couple of builds in O Scale.