visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

More Variations ... O Scale Logging & Tractor Repair Shed

Comments

• edited August 2018
    SW kits are all great Robert, as has been your work on them.

Those crawlers just look fantastic, terrific finishes on them.
  • Great weathering...as always.
  • Before I can start with the roof, I am doing the 'interior decorating' :blush: so here is just an impression of the atmosphere in the forge. Soon much more of course...

Now I see the photo, although it is painted black,I have to do something about the reflection on the hood. Must be the acryl in the Valejo paint that gives the reflection

The forge fire is done with two leds that go softly on and off ( Xmas things)

DSCN3118 2

• Geezo Speezo, Robert....what a great model...always look forward to seeing your work...well done
    Terry
  • That's not a model... If I didn't recognize my castings I would bet it was not a model...
  • edited August 2018
    Incredible Robert, a true master at work.

The lighter side of the hood looks natural to me, even flat black metal stuff looks like that when light hits it. Also the 'glow' under the hood from the fire looks right too.
    It is however your model and you have a better view in person to gauge what you want. I have no doubt that whatever you decide, it will look amazing.

Karl.A
  • That turned out great
  • Fantastic modelling.
  • Robert,

Thanks for the update and stunning new photo of the Logging & Tractor Repair Shed forge. More inspiring modeling for us to enjoy. As always, I look forward to your next installment(s) showing us your build progress.

Later, Dave S. Oro Valley, AZ
  • Thanks guys.

Karl, you are right, it is ok like this. I am not gonna change it.

This detailing is so intens. Although it takes an enormous amount of time, it is such fun to do. Really enjoying it so much.

Come on people, share your builds with us all.

Soon more pics.
  • Robert....I agree with your statement "Come on people, share your builds"....however, I wonder if an intimidation level kicks in when we 'novices' see the high quality builds that are displayed here.....I for one have shared my Railroad Camp build in the hope that I would get comments on what not only was good but also what the others on the Forum might have done differently if they were building the RRC.....I value all comments as I think it makes me a better modeler when I 'listen' to a different perspective....
    I haven't posted progress on my RRC for awhile as I've been working on another of my books but plan to be back very soon.
    Terry
  • Wonderful interior work Robert.
  • edited August 2018
    Like all the grime and soot thats caked on the front of the hearth...and also on that barrel to the right. Well done. One question, are you going to add the heat shield...I think you should (as described in the instructions) because it will create a neat effect as the light comes off your LEDs..see below for a quick clip of what it might look like...

Alan
  • way cool effect
  • Alan, That is a real subtle effect and really neat.
  • edited August 2018
    Terry,
    (and the rest of us builders that are here to learn from each other)

please do not be intimidated, we are ALL here to improve. There is no
    judgement here, only help and advice.

I'll comment further in another thread to allow Roberts excellent build to
    continue here un-interrupted

Karl.A

• Finally, I got time to continue and finish this build. Only the disconnect needs to be installed, but I didn't find the proper wheels yet. Actually, I don't know what to look for.

Anyway, another amazing kit from SW which gave me so much fun to build.

To bad that of all the interior details, so little is visible. (That's why I made the roof removable)

Now I can go and break my head over the next build.. :blush:

Here some photos. Actually, there a lot of them.... :smiley:

DSCN3211

DSCN3167

DSCN3168

DSCN3169

DSCN3170

DSCN3171

DSCN3172

DSCN3173

DSCN3174

DSCN3175

DSCN3176

DSCN3177

DSCN3178

DSCN3179

DSCN3180

DSCN3181

DSCN3182
    DSCN3183
    DSCN3184
    DSCN3187
    DSCN3189

DSCN3192

DSCN3193

DSCN3194

DSCN3195

DSCN3196

DSCN3197

DSCN3201

DSCN3202

DSCN3203

DSCN3204

DSCN3205

DSCN3206

DSCN3207

DSCN3208

DSCN3209

DSCN3210

DSCN3212

Thanks for watching
    Robert
  • Robert,

When I took my first look at these pictures I thought that it was a scene you were attempting to copy not a model! The textures and coloring are fabulous. The photography and lighting of your subject are top notch too. I cannot compliment you enough on your accomplishment here.

Mitch
  • Thanks Mitch. It's only a small Canon Coolpix camera and pics taken outside in my garden in broad daylight. Well, I do pay some attention on the photographic layout of my image....
  • Outstanding Robert! Doesn't get any better, especially your wood weathering and coloring. Thank you for sharing, very inspiring!
  • Fantastic model. The colouring and texture is spot on. The interior shot is my favourite but there are so many great shots to choose from. Looking forward to your next build.
  • Robert, so you went outside and took a picture of a real shed. Where's the pictures of your model?? Oh ... this is your model?? Unbelievable. So realistic. I really can't tell the difference. Great job. Phil
  • Just fantastic Robert, can't say anything better than what Brett said about your wood coloring and texture. Can't you make the light fixtures work to show off the interior? That is what I did, and NEXCEO did on his to show off our interior. It is a real neat effect.
  • Robert a beautiful diorama. Coloring everything fits so well together. Thanks for sharing.

Jerry
  • Stephen, the lights are functional, I was waiting to be dark here to make some photos of the interior. Give me a moment here... :wink:

Ed, yes I did. I believe that , when your time has come , and the Great Buffalo will call you to join him, you will go in a guitar flight case.... :smiley:
  • Robert, what a spectacular diorama you put together. So many good things its hard to comment on them all! A few things that struck me...your roof work is outstanding. The Tractor Repair Shed has a very busy roof design and your work here is just amazing and all the materials and textures just flow together seamlessly. I'm drawn to the roof...but no for one thing, it has a warmth and homogenicity about it that works.

The clutter scenes are so well laid out, grungy in most and I just love them...I like your consistent colors on the drums that are together. This is particularly noticeable on the grouping of the green and yellow ones.

Your wood color and texture is just wonderful.

Your dirt transitions are expertly done and quite difficult to pull off as well as you have here. Another glaring technique you have mastered is your use of the more bright greens on your grass and ground covers and the flowering shrubs. This has to be done well or it doesn't look very good and can appear "cartoonish"...not yours!...your work here is something I aspire to as I have been modeling at the other end of the spectrum...DULL!

Such a pleasure and a treat to peruse your work here Robert...well played.
  • My goodness. This work is right up there with the best I have ever seen. Sure would love to see it in person.
  • This is amazing....
  • Awesome looking work. I really like the shots on the inside of the building.

Alan
  • And He spoke.... Let There be Light... and there was light. Let there be guitars.... and there were guitars... Let there be Rock... Oeps so sorry, I got carried away by Bon Scott's ACDC
    Anyways, some interior impressions. The photos are not perfect, I lack knowledge and high end equipment, but you'll get the ..euh picture.. :blush:

DSCN3220

DSCN3219

DSCN3222

DSCN3223

DSCN3225

DSCN3227

DSCN3228

Thanks for your appreciation guys.

Robert