visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

JE Mortons Foundry

I just ordered up my first Sierra West kit direct from Brett. Cannot wait till he starts shipping....

Comments

• This one is fantastic. I jumped as quick as I could...
  • edited April 7
    Just got the email Brett. Wow! This will integrate so well into O'Neill's. Well done once again!!!

Mark
  • Amazing kit. Raising the bar once again. Fantastic, not enough superlatives to do it justice. The level of detail is like an O scale kit.
  • Speaking of which, I'm wondering if in future Brett should just automatically plan to release each new kit in both HO and O. I'm sure there isn't one of his offerings in either scale that hasn't been lusted over by participants in the other... I'm sure that will be true of this one. (Sawmill in HO, sawmill in HO...)
  • Spectacular in every way!...such a superbly researched and executed kit. The back story and work flow descriptions are so good. Many new details just for this release, can't say enough...well, well done Brett!
  • Already ordered. I really enjoyed reading the narrative. Brett really researched it and helps us understand what each structure and casting means. Way to go Brett!! Phil
  • edited April 7
    I ordered mine as soon as the email came thru...Geezo-Peezo...a bunch of grown men excited like a 10 year old on Christmas eve...;-))

Terry
  • I ordered mine as soon as the email came thru...Geezo-Peezo...a bunch of grown men excited like a 10 year old on Christmas eve...;-))

Terry

Terry,
    It is the simple things in life, which are sometimes the greatest joy!!!!!!!
    And every time that postman brings me a kit, it is just like Christmas morning....

• Anxiously awaiting the official forum build
  • ditto.
    but i wonder who'll be doing it? ken? karl? let's get crackin' so us O scalers can see what the kit looks like....
  • Ken will be handling the Official Forum Build duties again!
  • So much more than i anticipated.... you knocked it out of the park!
  • edited April 8
    Ordered mine also. Looks like many new challenges. Looking forward to see how Ken does it!!
  • Looking forward to seeing Ken bring this kit to life!
    Won't be long now!!
  • ....just when you think it couldn't get any better. Well done, well done....amazing!
  • it sure is an impressive kit. can't wait to see the o scale version. looks like an 18 month project with plenty of different mediums to work in.
    i did notice an excuse to use the purple chalk again......
  • Ken? Ken who? What's a Ken? Neverheardofhim ;-P

• edited April 9
    Bill, just some buffoon who lurks here on the forum...pay him no never mind...maybe he'll go away!
  • when are ya going to get started on it?
  • Should begin posting something in the next couple weeks...of course I have already started the mental modeling!
  • i'm quite sure you've been through the manual at least three times too.....
  • I think Brett underestimated the drool level of this kit; first run already sold out? Brett, I think your story about the crane alone is worth telling here...
  • I just received Bretts E-Mail about the release of this HO version of the Foundry and it has to be hands down the best kit ever. As I actually Model in On30, I am very tempted to get the HO version just for the heck of it. I definitely will be ordering the O scale version when Brett has the opportunity to work on it.
  • Brett you continue to blow minds with your brilliance bro.

Looking forward to the O scale version.
  • Brett,
    Thanks for posting pictures of this anticipated kit. I can hardly wait for Ken (great selection) to start posting some of his progress on the forum member build. I will definitely be purchasing this kit once it is available in O-Scale. In the mean time I'll have to wear a bib while reading Ken's posts.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Impressive to say the least.

Is that a Yorkie on the beware of dog sign? A touch of humor perhaps?
  • Yes....an O scale version....I'm in.....
  • brownbr said:

Impressive to say the least.

Is that a Yorkie on the beware of dog sign? A touch of humor perhaps?

Yes that would be a "Yorkie" !! As any "Yorkie" owner would know!!

Jerry

• i've been gawking at the pictures since they were released. this is the coolest kit ever offered by anyone. even george sellios could go to school on this one.
  • i'm betting brett has a yorkie or two.