visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO Scale Sawmill Project Question

edited February 20 in New Kit Information
img_0056

As I near the release of the HO Scale Foundry and am wrapping the project up, I am looking forward to starting my next HO Scale kit. I am wondering what the demand is for an HO Scale version of my O Scale Sawmill? All helpful comments are welcome to gauge viability of this project. I would not be able to offer any information about release date or pricing at this early stage. Just wondering if my HO Scale customers (especially those who have the Twin Mills already) would like to build this kit?

Comments

• Yes please!
  • The smaller footprint (than Twin Mills) would fit well on a fairly narrow shelf layout section so I would be very interested in this HO scale version of the O scale sawmill kit. I also really like this design!
  • Yes...Seabee Terry will be interested!!!
  • Great idea!! I would enjoy building it. It would be a bestseller in my opinion.
  • Most definitely !!!! The O scale Sawmill is amazing... but an HO version is much needed for those of us who need the small footprint this kit would offer over the Twin Mills. Great Idea, Brett !!!!
  • I'm interested. From what I have seen it would offer a lot in a smaller space.

Mark
  • Thanks for the fast responses, I truly appreciate it. Smaller footprint for sure! The diorama would be about 10" x 14"... Would love more feedback.
  • Hey Brett,
    I have Twin Mills and would still like to build this kit in HO. Is there any chance you would be adding a town or more buildings to the mine kit? I remember before Oneills you had thought about doing a mining essentials and some sort of main street with a mining theme. I had a lot of fun building main street and logging essentials. Honestly, I have not found any other manufactures kits that even come close to the level of detail that your kits have. So I have been holding off buying from other manufactures hoping that you may add some sort of town building around the mine or even around the current offerings of Oneills and the foundry. For me at least this would be an instant sell.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • I can see having both the Twin Mills and a smaller mill at two different locations of a layout; gives an air of two competing operations. Structures in support of the mine would also be interesting. Speaking personally, I'd like to see something that would serve as a consumer of the products turned out by the mills or mines; one such was a suggestion from long ago about a box factory (prefer crates and barrels myself) to consume lumber and produce another shippable commodity.
  • I am in the middle of building the Twin Mills and I would not be buying a second sawmill. I have what I consider a large space to display all of the related Deer Creek lumber kits as I finish them. I would like to see an industry or two that consumes the wood from the sawmill. Boxes, crates, barrels, mine timbers, spars, etc. All your kits are wonderful and you might consider one if the industries I mentioned after you build an HO version of the O scale sawmill.
  • I agree with Mitch we need more consumers of the wood that the Mill produces like a lumber yard, crates and stave and box co with a millwork place for finished product. ..........Carl
  • I’m positioned to purchase any HO scale kit produced by SWSM as a matter of course. That aside, I agree that the smaller operation is a nice compliment to the Twin Mills operation and a welcome addition to the line.
  • We need the LONG awaited shingle/shake mill !!!!!!!!!! Back in the day they were used extensively.

Geezerbill
  • A shake or shingle mill would be awesome as well as any consumer or wood! Awesome ideas.

• It would be nice to see some HO scale industries that would use the lumber cut from either mill.
  • Ok Boss what is your idea on this. ..........Carl
  • No decisions - just gathering information...

I appreciate everyone's comments.
  • Okay...you convinced me....I'll take both the new sawmill AND the wood industry to go with it
  • will there be an o scale foundry?
  • kebmo said:

will there be an o scale foundry?

Inquiry minds want to know???

Jerry

• Jerry said:

kebmo said:

Inquiry minds want to know???

Jerry

indeed!
  • kebmo said:

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin... That is certainly my intention...
  • Brett, Please bear with Kevin. He is experiencing an uplifting time in his life. His excitement for a new Sierra West kit is a bit overwhelming. It must be nice to see this kind of enthusiasm. I am happy for him.
    ed
  • i only mentioned it because you didn't say anything about it. sorry.
  • Kevin, no need to apologize my friend, all is good! I was teasing. As Ed mentions, your enthusiasm is great!
  • I was also teasing. I think.
  • If you build it.......We will buy It!!!!
  • what he said....
  • Yes please...been waiting for years