visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Dueling Shacks Corrugated

2»

Comments

• Simply wonderful work, Robert! In studying your pictures, I'm struck by the accuracy of the rusted metal pieces (barrels, cans, tire rims, etc) in their color and texture. They're as close to perfect as I've seen! The corrosion on your corrugated metal siding is very well done as is the composition and placement of the clutter.

The only item I see that suggests I'm looking at a model rather than a real scene is in a couple of the weedy areas (most evident in pics 2, 3, and 8). Some of the vegetation has an obvious "ground foam" look. I know this is an extreme nit-pick, but every other area is so well done that it makes those little sections jump out all the more to my eye.
    I think an application of some Noch leaf flakes here and there might do the trick. A thin layer of green-colored flakes (moss green, olive green) would add one more texture to further the illusion. Or, MiniNature beech foliage and birch foliage have "leaf" qualities that could achieve a similar effect.
    It may not even be worth the hassle to make an adjustment. Still, I hope it's okay that I mentioned it.
  • Yes Bill, you are an extremist.......so am I :) :) . And sorry to say, ......it is a model...
    But any observations are most welcome. The only way to learn .

We're talking such small surfaces, enlarged by the photo, that there are always things that come up which could be improved.
    Thanks for bringing it up.

So, bring on the leaves I'd say..... :wink:
  • Glad to hear. Your work is truly inspiring and I'm looking forward to more!
  • Hey Bill, thanks for the heads up on the MiniNature stuff. I didn't even know it existed and I can get it from the Amazon UK site ;)
  • Looks awesome...love the night scenes...

Alan
  • Fantastic work Robert. Some of the best colored corrugated metal I've seen and the details are fantastic.

-Steve