visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Engine House at Eureka Springs.

Comments

• Looks great. Love the vines. What are you using?
  • wonderful workmanship. I agree with Joel, I really like the vines.
  • Joel. I am using vines. Just kidding they are roots from trees and plants a recent tree stump dug out gives a lifetime of vines.

Thanl's everyone. ...........Carl
  • Really enjoy watching this build come together Carl. Love the use of the the rootlets for vines. Structure and details are look great. So enjoyable to see a classic SWSM kit like this one come together so well.
  • Thank's Ken This one is open on all four sides lots of interior work to do and the landscaping....................Carl
  • Up date.P1030213

P1030238

P1030239

Have a good one. ................Carl
  • Wonderful modeling and photography!
  • Beautiful modeling Carl.

Jerry
  • The Loco really sets off the feel of the engine house. Great stuff!
  • Awesome work.
  • Thank's guy's the roof starts today so stay tuned but it may be a while. .................Carl
  • Thank's guy's the roof starts today so stay tuned but it may be a while. .................Carl

Why there's no grass to cut!!

Jerry

• Lots of leaves to blow away that will take up all day Sunday would you like to come up and help? ..........................Carl
  • Lots of leaves to blow away that will take up all day Sunday would you like to come up and help? ..........................Carl

Why worry about the leaves the snow will cover them!!

We would come up but Diane has to get shopping for the 12 grandkids.

Jerry

• Good Morning Men. The roofers started waiting for the sheet metal.

P1030257

P1030246

P1030253

Back in the day before the lazer.

P1030244

Have a good one. .....................Carl
  • edited December 2017

Back in the day before the lazer.

Hah! Yeah, for sure I would be laser cutting those rafter assemblies if this kit were to be released today! Still my favorite roof of all time! Great start.

• Looks fantastic.
  • Thank You Joel.........................Carl
  • Jerry do you need my size?
  • That's impressive Carl. Beautiful truss work both in design and execution. You and I are the SWSM vintage kit builders right now...love the classics.
  • Yes Ken the old ones just like me. ..................Carl
  • Jerry do you need my size?

Come on your not a kid anymore! You have whiskers!

Jerry
  • Your work on the rafters make it look so easy. Makes you wonder why Brett even bought the lazer. Oh yes, for us 2 left handed modelers.
  • Wes i am a left handed also they do everything right. ...................Carl
  • Very nice Carl. Love seeing these old rafters. Keeps your skills sharp, yes?
    Even though it's a lot more work, I kind of like the challenge of building them this way.
    (But by the time I'm done...I'm ready to NEVER have that challenge again! LOL)

Those vines growing on the back wall are really cool too.

• Well the main roof is done and two more to go they should be not as much work as the main roof................Carl

P1030342

P1030344

P1030345

P1030346

P1030351

Thank's for looking.
  • Wow Carl, looking very nice
  • Hey Carl that really came out great. This is going to be a nice addition to the Railroad.
    Guess we need to come up there and help you get this thing underway!!

Jerry
  • Superb Carl! Love that last shot of the roof with the loco sticking its head out just a bit. So nice to see a classic SWSM kit done so well...top shelf my friend!

The peer pressure is getting the best of me...between your vines creeping up the walls and Robert's vines on his Dueling Shacks, I added some vines to my BlueSky build!
  • Jerry using Ed quote { you may want to bring a heavy coat} Thank's Ken and Steve.